There are newer employer reviews for Demand Media

Overall good site to work for, easy to make some quick bucks

I have been working at Demand Media

Pros

There are lots of writing opportunities on this site, given that you have an interest in them. The editors are all very cooperative and willing to give you constructive criticism your first few articles.

Cons

genres of articles are limited. it took me awhile to find my niche on this site. If you want to write women's articles for example, few and far between. The format it also difficult to undertake and adjust to at first.

Advice to Management

Overall, i wish there were more women's article topics available to work with. Right now, the selection is very limited.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Demand Media, Go Big or Go Home

Current Employee - Editor
    Current Employee - Editor

I have been working at Demand Media

Pros

The business plan is innovative. There's some really smart, talented people especially in R&D.
    A lot of positivity surround the culture.

Cons

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. manager, senior manager, director, senior director, VP, SVP, EVP. It seems like an awfully young company to have so many layers of management.

Advice to Management

You shouldn't read your own press. I think we are often too impressed with our product and story and should be more open to seeing issues for improvement.

2. Nice Company to Work for

I have been working at Demand Media (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company is very considerate of its freelancers, provides as much work as you can handle in certain categories, and pays promptly twice a week.

Cons

Sometimes things slow down and there's little or nothing to do. However, it usually picks up again. There's ample notice before this happens though. Once you're aware, you can look for something else to do. It's advisable to not rely on one source of income as a freelancer anyway.

Advice to Management

None. Or maybe, more articles.