Demandbase

There are newer employer reviews for Demandbase

Mature, Energetic and Friendly startup environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This is my first run working at startup and it is very much a pleasant surprise. The people are focused, yet very friendly and willing to help each other. The people are also very smart and garner respect through hard work and a sincere interest in others success. The management does a very good job at keeping the employees informed about the progress of the company and their role in it. It is a pleasure to work here and easy to see there is a lot of opportunity to grow.

Cons

Growing companies do come with some turnover and you lose some people you really like. Sometimes communication on opportunity to move up into leadership roles can also lack at times.

Continue the high level of communication on how the company is doing. Make sure you stay close to those reporting to you and how they are feeling about their role. Continue to paint the clear picture of where the company is going and each persons role in it.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Demandbase (View Most Recent)

Fast growing start up- lots of opportunity and a great place to work

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been at Demandbase for a year now. Pros

Career Opportunities/Development- My managers have always been supportive of me learning new skills and are helping me put together a plan for what I can do next. Specific career development trainings are available as well

Projects- Opportunities to work with other teams happen constantly and give me the chance to work on projects that are not necessarily specific to my role but make an impact at the company.

Benefits - Very competitive pay and amazing health benefits. Free snacks/drinks and Friday company lunches were added a couple months ago. Demandbase has an active "Culture Club" that meets weekly to gather feedback from employees and create change with the company culture.

Cons

Cons
    Some company growing pains. Internal process are being formalized as we grow. Change is always constant at startup but I imagine in the next 3 months everything will smooth out

Continue to hire excellent people. Demandbase is filled with great people to work with and whatever hiring strategy is in place needs to stay.
    Continue to build out development programs for employees. They have been very constructive so far.

What a nightmare it was to work at Demandbase!

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are no PROS working at Demandbase

Cons

What a nightmare it was to work at Demandbase, with an overpriced product that under delivers!

Marketing runs everything and controls everyone including the CEO.
    Their mode of operation: They routinely hire a new crop of sales reps then proceed to fire them within 4 to 6 months when sales targets aren't achieved. They blame sales for the company's lack of success which are in a large part due to Marketing's overblown expectations of a product that is nothing more than a database of company contact data they mapped IP addresses.

Before you take a job offer from Demandbase you should reach out to former employees to get the real truth about this company.

Stop blaming sales for everything that is wrong at Demandbase.

There are newer employer reviews for Demandbase