Demandforce

www.demandforce.com
  www.demandforce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Demandforce

came to work fearing for my job everyday

Former Employee - LDR in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - LDR in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Demandforce

Pros

Fun environment...this is kind of a pro, but the company is also very fratty.

Cons

I was recently fired after working for a couple months. Was placed in a new, untested region and was told that I had to hit the same quotas as people in more established veticals. It was incredibly difficult...no matter how many hours I put in, the vertical just wasn't working. It almost felt upper management had put zero thought into any potential difficulties the region might face. It all came down to numbers--I was not pulling in enough money for the company. I understand that I can't get paid for a sales job when I am not selling, but I feel as if I was never given the opportunity to succeed. I had no experience in sales. My suggestions for young people trying to get into sales is to maybe look somewhere else--you honestly won't have a ton of time to get into the groove of things at this company.

127 Other Employee Reviews for Demandforce (View Most Recent)

Decent Environment - Lousy Mid-Level Management

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandforce

Pros

+Fast Growing Company
    +Training is good for new hires
    +Play hard, party hard atmosphere
    +Great Visionaries

Cons

+Mid-level management are not professional
    +Numbers Driven (little job security)
    +Growing so fast, starting to turn sales into a meat grinder, rather than development
    +Mid-level management uses scare tactics including screaming and fear

Look into a switch in midlevel management or some new training for them. Company has a great culture, but fear by many is it is steering itself into the abyss.

Reviews of management would also be beneficial. I have worked at many companies and the unprofessionalism by mid-level is mind boggling at best.

Demandforce is, for the most part, a very comfortable and fun place to work and build your career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Demandforce

Pros

+ The closest you can get to friendly, down-to-earth casual, start-up environment. The awards of "Best Place to work" they get every year are well deserved.
    + C-Level executives, especially the CEO are approachable, friendly, and unlike a lot of companies these days, are deeply involved with every aspect of the company and their employees. They will be on a first name basis with you and treat you like a good friend and not just an employee.
    + Great work-life balance. As long as you're doing well, you wont feel afraid or guilty taking time off for anything. They are very generous as far as granting vacation time and time off.
    + Happy hours, parties, lunches, and dinners that they pay for.
    + Youngish employees that leads to a fun, casual, informal atmosphere.
    + Approachable, fast, efficient, helpful and friendly HR Department.
    + Great product that works and somewhat of an easy sell.
    + Great and comprehensive training program.
    + Base salary and commission is one of the best you'll see at a start-up.
    + Promotion and advancement opportunities are great. Do well, and you will get promoted and promoted fast.

Cons

- Numbers driven/Quota driven in the most high pressure way. If you're off your quota, even slightly, you're out. No matter how senior you are. This leads to highly stressful and even panicky quarters amongst everyone.
    - Long hours. Putting in a 12-14 hour day, especially towards the end of month/quarter in order to hit your quota is common.
    - Not much of a 401k. Or stock options.
    - Some of the managers in some of the departments can be very overly pushy and will micromanage you.
    - Some of the departments/employees have formed cliques, rivalries, and peer pressure that is off-putting

+ Don't lose the great down-to-Earth casual start-up atmosphere you've built up as you get bigger and especially not turn into your typical sales boiler-room/meat-grinder that doesn't care about their employees: i.e: low base/low morale/high pressure/high turnover as you're seemingly becoming.

There are newer employer reviews for Demandforce