Demandforce

www.demandforce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Demandforce

Account executive\former LDR

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandforce (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits. If you work hard you can easily get promoted from LDR to AE. Free food at end of the month, snacks, and continual training. I don't see why so many people complain, it's a great product, do your work and have fun with it. Everyone is always there to help you improve and wants you to succeed.

Cons

Can be a roller coaster stress wise with hitting your quota like any sales job. Product can be on the pricey side for small businesses which can be a hard sell.

Keep up the nesting program and on going training.

127 Other Employee Reviews for Demandforce (View Most Recent)

Work hard to be successful. earn the respect of your peers. climb the ladder.

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandforce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Very quick promotion track from LDR position to Account Executive.
    -Highly social environment, tons of hard workers
    -amazing training
    -excellent benefits
    -part of the Intuit family

Cons

-some verticals are more challenging than others

keep bringing in the fresh leads!

Are you considering an AE role at this company?

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandforce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great Benefits (they don't really train you on how to do your gym membership or commuter discounts so that is something you will have to ask your peers for help on)
    -Stocked kitchen full of snacks
    -part of Intuit (very reputable company)
    -product is good
    -2 weeks class Training

Cons

I want to share my experience with you so you have an idea of why I left this company so early. It started off with the recruiters. High energy recruiters who seem pretty great at what they do. I was told several things: 1) You can make over 100k easily 2) Most people hit their quotas 3) You pick your territory that matches your sales fit. I guess they are sales people too. There is a word in sales for this, its called oversell. All 3 were completely embellished. Truth is 1) if you hit all your quotas and you pray that no one cancels their account (they have 60 days after sold to cancel), you would make around 80k. 2) 10%-15% of the sales floor hits their 33.3k quota. Lets say there are 100 sales reps, roughly 10-15 employees hit their quarterly quota. That's really not a great number. 3) Territories are pre-selected for you. Did you land yourself in Michigan and have to sell to cities like Detroit? Good luck.

The culture is very fraternity/sorority-esque "I am better than you" attitude unless you ever so luckily become adopted into the clique. I read a lot about this in previous glassdoor posts but didn't believe that it could be so bad. Maybe a couple bitter ex employees trying to find reason to hate this company. I was wrong. There is a lot of social politics involved. So along side being worried from the quota that you probably won't hit, you have to make sure you play the social game too. Befriend all the upper management and really brush their ego.

Management was probably the worse I have ever seen. My direct RGM (regional sales manager) was such a sweet person and I hope this person the best because they deserve it and was the only one there that I actually respected. The upper managers seem to have been promoted based on their sales capabilities and not from their actual knowledge in management.What happens is that you have these arrogant, self-centered sales reps moving into a management position who don't know how to motivate their team and manage a group of people. I am always for promoting from within but there has to be some feedback system in place to create accountability for these managers.

Day to Day: On a day to day for an account executive, you are to make around 40-50 dials. I was told 40-50 was like wearing the bare minimum flares on your suspenders (alluding to OfficeSpace) and if I really wanted to get into the spirit of things, I should make more dials, if I wanted to. Qualify leads, call to make sure they have a management system that integrates with the software. Call to schedule a demo with the Decision Maker. Close. Oh- I bet you they didn't tell you that you have to sync their system up. What does that entail? Calling the business and have someone who knows anything about the management system to log into their management system's main computer and sync it up. It's called deploy and it takes around 1 hour to complete. Some technical stuff. They do not have a customer service department or an on boarding department that sets things up for you. That is all on you. If you are lucky, everything goes smoothly. If you aren't, the system doesn't integrate. Now you have one less sold account and you spent all that time closing the client and spending an hour deploying.

Not only do you have to bring in new customers continually to stay afloat, you also have to take care your existing customers because you are their only go to person. They train you to tell your clients to go to DF website and figure their issues themselves instead of calling you. Is that really customer service? As a customer centric person, I could not tell my clients to just go on our website and figure it out. This goes against every grain of my fiber. Please hire more customer support or onboard team. If you closed 10 deals a month, that is almost 1 1/2 days completely that you are off selling and on the phone onboarding and deploying. This doesn't include the daily customer service calls.

That is it. I hope this gives you some insight into this company. I think Inuit is great, but I would never recommend Demandforce to my family and their businesses from what I know of Demandforce internally.

Best to you.

Hire managers and not promote good sales reps. Managers inspire, care and motivate. I did not see a strong upper manager during my time there.

There are newer employer reviews for Demandforce