Denny's
www.dennys.com Spartanburg, SC 5000+ Employees

So glad I found another job!

Corporate Office Employee (Former Employee)
Spartanburg, SC

ProsLike many employees I was able to find another job and leave. I came to Denny's hoping to use my experience and skills to make a difference. I quickly realized there is a huge problem with the corporate culture. If you want a paycheck this is the place for you. If you want a career apply to another company.

Cons(1) the corporate office rewards loyalty rather than competence (2) long tenured corporate office employees have no idea how the Operations Department functions (3) culture of fear and favoritism (4) constant reorganization and terminations (5) employees are scared to speak up.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to connect with the employees. Employees lie and backstab to keep their jobs due to the fear of another reorganization. Reward competence not loyalty to the supervisor. Allow employees to speak their opinions without fear of termination. Empower employees to do their job.

Working Towards something better

Grill Cook (Current Employee)
    Jackson, TN

I have been working at Denny's full-time for less than a year

Pros: 50% discount off employee meals Cons: countless cons, pay, revolving management, broken equipment etc Advice to Senior Management: Value your good teammembers not the things you can get… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

it was not too bad at all

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I worked at Denny's full-time for more than a year

Pros: good pay, bonus, extra time off for working holidays Cons: you will spend alot of time cooking, long, late hours,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Denny's.

Worked for Denny's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Denny's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Denny's CEO John Miller. All reviews posted anonymously by Denny's employees.