Denny's

There are newer employer reviews for Denny's

Denny's Culture

Former Employee - General Manager in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - General Manager in Louisville, KY

I worked at Denny's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are an employee (hourly) it is a great place to be. The employees have the ability to contact corporate if they have any problems with management.

Cons

If you are management then you are constantly having to defend your actions such as terminating an employee caught three times giving away food. The company has no backbone.

Just because the company lost a very public and embarrassing lawsuit many years ago does not mean you have to let everyone run all over you.

267 Other Employee Reviews for Denny's (View Most Recent)

Restaurant Manager

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Ardmore, OK
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Ardmore, OK

I have been working at Denny's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging, Benefits including bonus', and good employers.

Cons

Sometimes a revolving door with employees, and resolving problems with customers can be very stressful.

Praise the people who work under you and always remember that you are only as good as your team.
    Work with the team more to understand the full operation of the business. Never ask someone to do something you would not do yourself. Never judge a persons work ethics. Be compassionate.

Not too bad

Former Employee - Cook in Keyser, WV
    Former Employee - Cook in Keyser, WV

I worked at Denny's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

People I worked with were fun and upbeat. Usually only worked 7 hour shifts. You learn a lot about team work and the importance of speed. 50% off your meal during scheduled shift (if you work at least 6 hours).

Cons

Low pay with no scheduled raises. Takes a year to be eligible for terrible insurance. Managers were generally lazy and not willing to help out often. Work every weekend just like most other restaurants. Some days we're so busy we didn't have time for our lunch breaks.

Listen to your employees concerns. Take care of your employees.... might help the turnover rate.

There are newer employer reviews for Denny's