Denny's

www.dennys.com
  www.dennys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Denny's

Personally it was a life altering opportunity

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager
Current Employee - Restaurant Manager

I have been working at Denny's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A company that truly believes in people,provides individuals to develop themselves into great professionals and leaders. Most of the bosses I've worked with, started from the lowest level in the company and have worked their way up the corporate ladder.

Cons

Nothing other than losing a good night sleep as it is a 24 hours diner and late night shifts can be dragging sometimes.

Their should be semi-monthly video workshops where success stories can be shared among ALL levels of management and workforce. More and more focus on training and re training. And sharing of good results obtained through this.

252 Other Employee Reviews for Denny's (View Most Recent)

manager

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Denny's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good working system, extensive training tools, greater exposure to management skills, operations management

Cons

too much stress from higher management on cost controls to such an extent where employee tends to look out for some other option.Very long hours...............

Many abuses of employees.

I worked at Denny's (more than an year)

Pros

Enjoyed serving, co-workers, and the customers

Cons

I was often asked to clock out while finishing side work, was not paid minimum wage when asked to wash dishes and clean the restaurant. I do not mind cleaning, but when not making tips, I should be paid minimum wage, Repeatedly ran out of many foods causing loss of business and increasing dissatisfaction of good customers. Some managers would stay in the office on personal phone calls while expecting waitstaff, making $2.13 per hr., to do many jobs simultaneously: hostess, buser, dishwasher, and server.

Treat your employees with respect and fairness and you will be rewarded with hard work and satisfied customers/staff. This means: scheduling enough cooks, busers, hostesses, and dishwashers to keep the restaurant running smoothly; ordering enough food; not over staffing the waitstaff and refusing to let some go home when there are not enough customers to make a decent wage.

There are newer employer reviews for Denny's