There are newer employer reviews for Denny's

Cook - trainer

Former Employee - Cook  in  Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Cook in Orlando, FL

I worked at Denny's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast paced days. Pay can be alright for a not so glamourous job. Usually plenty of hours, especially during peak seasons.

Cons

Often incompetent managers that don't even care. Loose food standards, especially when very busy. Can be crappy hours - bar rush hours.

Provide more incentive for employees to strive for great service.

Jun 24, 2013Recruiter

We're so glad to know that you would recommend Denny's to a friend. We are passionate about the brand and appreciate your feedback.

226 Other Employee Reviews for Denny's (View Most Recent)

Easygoing job but nothing to make a career out of.

Current Employee - Server  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Server in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Denny's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun clientele, easygoing environment, tips can be good when it's busy or if you've established regulars. Nice to leave everyday with money in my pocket.

Cons

When business is slow, it is SLOW. Everyone is struggling to stay on the clock the longest to make money, and most of us have one or two other jobs.

This goes way up the management chain, but there has to be a better way to promote business other than low prices and the 2,4,6,8 menu - pricing that low is killing our sales, and giving the impression that Denny's is just a "cheap place to eat" so customers come in expecting fast food service and a full meal at a value menu price.

Jun 24, 2013Recruiter

Thank you for your comments. Our marketing team works hard on a daily basis to balance the needs of the business and the needs of our guests. We are proud to serve quality food and healthy portions ... More

a good job to keep you busy

Current Employee - Service Assistant  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Service Assistant in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Denny's part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's an easy job like I said keeps me busy they are not to strict or to easy but mutual if your available to work then you will get a call.

Cons

not a lot of hours and no raises

keep doing what your doing

Jun 24, 2013Recruiter

Thank you for your recommendation! Our Denny’s family is our most important asset. We trust, support and respect each other and work together for the greater good. We recognize the contributions of ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Denny's

Worked for Denny's? Contribute to the Community!