Denny's
www.dennys.com Spartanburg, SC 5000+ Employees

Restaurant Manager

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee)
West Chicago, IL

ProsDuring my time working for Denny's I received flexible schedule and generous pay for work I did and the industry as a whole. This is why I stuck around as long as I did.

ConsFood service is a tough industry. Rude guests. Rude vendors. Rude employees. Rude upper management. It wasn't the faint of heart. Some days I would go home feeling so dejected from having to struggle with people constantly day in and day out. Also not many opportunities for growth within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your managers and employees more. They are the face of the company, and if that face is frowning, your customers eventually will as well.

great experience

General Manager (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Denny's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: great potential to advance in career Cons: 24/7 365 days a year operation. Not recommended for those… Advice to Senior Management: recognize and reward those who really work hard and achieve… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I worked the midnight shift at Denny's (PTS Hospitality) for four years.

Server/Cook (Former Employee)
    Fort Gratiot, MI

I worked at Denny's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great atmosphere. Fun crowd. Independent shift. Cons: Unorganized management, poor attitudes, terrible operations office. I felt like just another number the day I left, none… Advice to Senior Management: Attitude adjustment. Your service team carries your bonus'. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Denny's.

Worked for Denny's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Denny's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Denny's CEO John Miller. All reviews posted anonymously by Denny's employees.