Server

Current Employee - Server
Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Denny's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, tips, 24 hour business

Cons

No room for growth other than full time salary management

Other Employee Reviews for Denny's

1. Working for the Corporate Denny's was great. However when they went to franchise everything went south.

Former Employee - Server in Barstow, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Barstow, CA

I worked at Denny's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started out working for a corporate store. That was great. The management cared about their staff because it was all about Teamwork. When we got busy, the managers did not hesitate to jump in help where ever it was needed to keep thing flowing smoothly. The overall guest satisfaction was high. While working for corporate, we didn't have to worry about our paychecks being on time or short. We even got vacation pay and 1\2 price on lunches. I would give Corporate a 5 Star rating.

Cons

When our store went to a franchise store; everything went bad. They took our vacation pay away and started deducting $4.00 everyday we worked for our lunches. (even if we didn't eat....we were still charged) Our paychecks were usually late and occasionally short. The franchise management did not understand the concept of teamwork. When it got busy, they would go to their office and not help out. It showed in the overall guest satisfaction. The franchise management played favoritism with the hours and if they don't like you; they simply will not schedule you to work. They don't even have enough professionalism to fire you. I would give Franchise a 1 Star rating.

2. Denny's typical restaurant job

Former Employee - Grill Cook in Rogers, MN
    Former Employee - Grill Cook in Rogers, MN

I worked at Denny's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Its a job and it pays the bills. You wont get rich working as a cook, but it will pay your bills and provide you a stepping stone until you move onto something more rewarding.

Cons

High stress environment. It is very fast pace environment and you have to please not only the customers, but the servers and management as well.