Incompetent management

Pros

Free or discounted dental insurance to members caused by company errors....

Cons

Management has no clue what they are doing...all the brain trust comes from outside consultants

Advice to Management

Tunnel vision is not healthy to any organizations....

Other Employee Reviews for DentaQuest

Good people, good company, lacks consistency in vision

Pros

Great benefits, competitive salaries, great opportunities

Cons

Company strategy and organizational structure both change frequently.

Correcting a Misconception and Misinformed Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have my own fair share of complaints about this company but that would probably be true regardless of where I work. Reading these reviews I can see that current or former employees are dissatisfied but none of these people really get what is going on. They simply recognize that they don't like it and can't quite articulate the reason why. Many of the comments are misguided. The review that needs immediate correction is the one that implies that there is some degree of sexism taking place at DentaQuest that favors men for promotions over women. This just isn't true. Healthcare is one of the few industries that is run in large part by women. The CEO at DentaQuest is female. The vast majority of officers and VP's are female. It sounds like the person below was overlooked for a promotion and assumes it to be gender based. That is simply misguided and inaccurate.

Cons

There are many opportunities for this company to improve but I'll reserve my comments for a day when these opportunities come back to affect me directly.

Advice to Management

Meet candidly, confidentially and privately for one on one meetings with employees and middle management at random for their honest feedback. I suspect most of the complaints will be directed toward one department and one person in particular. Our CEO and COO seem to genuinely care about their organization, what we do and the well being of the employees. There are some people in between the employee and executive level that are serving as the biggest road blocks. Remove them and the organization will flourish again as it has in the past.