Horrible in every way

Current Employee - Current Employee  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Current Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than a year

Pros

I heard the CEO will be retiring soon. No matter who is hired, it can't be any worse.

Cons

There is something at the core wrong with this company. There is no sense of teamwork and people are at DQ simply for the paycheck. There is no company pride, because the company does nothing to be proud of. Employees are treated terribly. Profits are through the roof, and our raises this year were pitiful. Employees bust their butts, and mangers treat employees like they are stupid. Backstabbing, dishonesty, and bullying are everyday experiences here. Employees are publically humiliated by their managers, and upper management continually turns a blind eye. Morale at DQ is awful. I can honestly say I do not know 1 person, in my group or others, are happy there. Turnover is tremendous. I strongly suggest if you are thinking of working at DentaQuest, you re-think your decision.

Listen to your employees, and TAKE ACTION! The same complaints have been around for years, and literally not one thing has changed-it is actually getting worse and worse.

Other Reviews for DentaQuest

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Community and charity involvement, funds philanthropic activities through a wholly owned subsidiary, great vision.

Cons

Slightly lower than average compensation but in all quite fair.

I can't recommend DentaQuest as a place to work

Current Employee - Management  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Management in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I tried to submit a review before but it wasn't posted. Trying again. A lot of great co-workers that you can talk to. There are some really nice people here who work really hard and who want to support the company. It is just really hard to be supportive. Average benefits. Salaries in some areas are under market value. Supervisors and managers not in IT seem most undervalued in salary ranges. Nice work facilities. Free parking. Boston office going through a renovation - looks like it will be nice when done. I love my team. I am lucky that I have a great core group. I have not witnessed the sexism and bullying that others have mentioned.

Cons

There are a lot unfortunately. Communication is very poor, especially coming from the officers and VPs - at least in my area. Always feel in the dark about critical business priorities and decisions. We are on a "need to know basis" only. It makes you wonder why the secrets? There's no transparency. New hires are sometimes announced but never departures. And email accounts are left on for weeks so you'll be emailing someone who has been gone for weeks. Weird. Almost as if having someone resign or be fired is something to hide.

Very disjointed environment. Everything is a fire drill, short deadlines, quick decisions needed with limited information, meetings scheduled with an hours notice with fear if you miss the invitation because you were in another meeting. VPs instantly go to their peers if they don't like your answer on something or you don't respond to them fast enough. All potential business is pursued even if we don't have the staff or technology to support it. The focus is on growth and it is left to the employees below the VPs to figure it out.

Fear and intimidation are used as motivators.

Workloads can be unbearable at times.

There's no sense of team or community across the company. I don't feel as if we celebrate our success as a company. We hold cookouts and holiday parties but there's nothing about them that fosters a true culture. Officer attempts come across disingenuous. I do my best each day to keep my job and to prevent my co-workers from having to carry any unnecessary burden. I don't feel any connection to the CEO or the officers. I am very proud of my team but I don't take pride in what I do. There's too much to do and it's never enough.

The HR department is very concerning. And we are all too afraid of retaliation to say anything about them. The HR managers who handle employee relations issues are really good. But the rest of the HR dept negatively impacts their effectiveness. HR and the officers track Glass Door activities. It is troubling that they aren't doing anything about it. The most recent positive posts on glass door seem like deliberate attempts to counteract the real employee feedback.

I get that we are making a ton of money so the officers probably think "why change anything?" But equally important to me would be the long-term future of our brand and the respect of the communities we serve - which your employees are a part of.

There are newer employer reviews for DentaQuest.

Worked for DentaQuest? Contribute to the Community!