DentaQuest

There are newer employer reviews for DentaQuest

another week of misery

Current Employee - Current Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Current Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Average pay and benefits. there is really nothing else even close to positive or even average about this company.

Cons

Poor management, HR is horrendous, COE is cold and unfriendly

The culture at dentaQuest is terrible. There is a constant stress in the air and the way things are done and how people are treated have created a culture of mistrust-you can literally feel it in the air and see it on peoples faces. I honestly do not know one person who is happy with the company or who isn't looking for another position. There are no opportunities for employee training and the orientation process is pathetic. Team lunches, going out for drinks after work, and mini birthday celebrations are all unheard of at DQ.

67 Other Employee Reviews for DentaQuest (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Community and charity involvement, funds philanthropic activities through a wholly owned subsidiary, great vision.

Cons

Slightly lower than average compensation but in all quite fair.

I can't recommend DentaQuest as a place to work

Current Employee - Management in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Management in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I tried to submit a review before but it wasn't posted. Trying again. A lot of great co-workers that you can talk to. There are some really nice people here who work really hard and who want to support the company. It is just really hard to be supportive. Average benefits. Salaries in some areas are under market value. Supervisors and managers not in IT seem most undervalued in salary ranges. Nice work facilities. Free parking. Boston office going through a renovation - looks like it will be nice when done. I love my team. I am lucky that I have a great core group. I have not witnessed the sexism and bullying that others have mentioned.

Cons

There are a lot unfortunately. Communication is very poor, especially coming from the officers and VPs - at least in my area. Always feel in the dark about critical business priorities and decisions. We are on a "need to know basis" only. It makes you wonder why the secrets? There's no transparency. New hires are sometimes announced but never departures. And email accounts are left on for weeks so you'll be emailing someone who has been gone for weeks. Weird. Almost as if having someone resign or be fired is something to hide.

Very disjointed environment. Everything is a fire drill, short deadlines, quick decisions needed with limited information, meetings scheduled with an hours notice with fear if you miss the invitation because you were in another meeting. VPs instantly go to their peers if they don't like your answer on something or you don't respond to them fast enough. All potential business is pursued even if we don't have the staff or technology to support it. The focus is on growth and it is left to the employees below the VPs to figure it out.

Fear and intimidation are used as motivators.

Workloads can be unbearable at times.

There's no sense of team or community across the company. I don't feel as if we celebrate our success as a company. We hold cookouts and holiday parties but there's nothing about them that fosters a true culture. Officer attempts come across disingenuous. I do my best each day to keep my job and to prevent my co-workers from having to carry any unnecessary burden. I don't feel any connection to the CEO or the officers. I am very proud of my team but I don't take pride in what I do. There's too much to do and it's never enough.

The HR department is very concerning. And we are all too afraid of retaliation to say anything about them. The HR managers who handle employee relations issues are really good. But the rest of the HR dept negatively impacts their effectiveness. HR and the officers track Glass Door activities. It is troubling that they aren't doing anything about it. The most recent positive posts on glass door seem like deliberate attempts to counteract the real employee feedback.

I get that we are making a ton of money so the officers probably think "why change anything?" But equally important to me would be the long-term future of our brand and the respect of the communities we serve - which your employees are a part of.

There are newer employer reviews for DentaQuest