There are newer employer reviews for DentaQuest

another week of misery

Current Employee - Current Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Current Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Average pay and benefits. there is really nothing else even close to positive or even average about this company.

Cons

Poor management, HR is horrendous, COE is cold and unfriendly

Advice to Management

The culture at dentaQuest is terrible. There is a constant stress in the air and the way things are done and how people are treated have created a culture of mistrust-you can literally feel it in the air and see it on peoples faces. I honestly do not know one person who is happy with the company or who isn't looking for another position. There are no opportunities for employee training and the orientation process is pathetic. Team lunches, going out for drinks after work, and mini birthday celebrations are all unheard of at DQ.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Community and charity involvement, funds philanthropic activities through a wholly owned subsidiary, great vision.

Cons

Slightly lower than average compensation but in all quite fair.

Read this before you apply for this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grafton, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grafton, WI

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time

Pros

Pros: There's only one good thing about this company. It's the hourly rate,
    benefits, good health and dental insurance.

Cons

Cons: There are so many things wrong with this company. First, they take forever
    to hire you. I applied for a job and it took them four months to hire me.
    Second, once they hire you, they don't give you proper training. I got penalties
    for doing something that I didn't know and they didn't trained me on it. Third,
    you have to learn everything on your own otherwise you are on your own when they
    pull you into the office.

Fourth, they don't care about you. All DQ cares about their work. If you don't
    do it their way and their speed, they fire you. It's very competitive. You have
    to be better than what they expect or you're out. Also, they expect you to work
    even if there's bad weather, your sick, little late, etc. otherwise they write
    you up.

Fifth, there's so much basis. If you're not the boss's favorite, you get treated
    like dirt. I work with two ladies and my boss loves them. My boss gives them
    whatever they want PTO, change hours for them, believes them when something
    happens, let's them get away with things and much more. My boss gives me crap,
    thinks I am a lair, thinks I am a constant "struggle" and "problem in the
    environment". I've worked there for two years and two months, NEVER once they
    said anything good to me.

Sixth, management is awful. They always look the other way for those that
    doesn't do much. Promote those who are their "friends". They hide behind their
    emails. It takes them at least two weeks to answer one question in person or
    email. They always wait till last minute to answer you then it's too late. They
    are very basis over another employee.

Seventh, I reported discrimination and harassment on the two ladies in my
    department and my manger put it against me and now it's on my record stating
    "causing problems". My manger looked the other way and the ladies kept harassing
    me. I went to HR, they didn't do anything about it. Every time I want a day off,
    the two ladies won't cover for me and my manger says "oh well, you don't get a
    day off". I lost PTO because of that.

This is the worst company I ever worked for. They always put things against you.
    If you can't control it, it's always your fault. DONT work for this company.
    It's a nightmare everyday having to fight for what you want and to have your
    voice heard.

WARNING: they hire "temps" all the time when really they fire the permenant
    employee and replace them with the temps.

Advice to Management

Management: Treat people fairly. People suffer on so many accounts because you
    lack in equality, quality, fairness, communications, and feedback.

There are newer employer reviews for DentaQuest