Denver Health and Hospital Authority

www.denverhealth.org
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Denver Health and Hospital Authority

Revolving door, keep your head under the radar, mismanagement

I have been working at Denver Health and Hospital Authority

Pros

Benefits, good cafeteria, some of the units are newer construction. It does seem like some clinical staff truly cares, but others still have that government mentality and only do what they have to in order to get by.

Cons

Parking is stressful - no valet parking service for patient families. No work life balance, flex work or telecommute for non-clinical staff. Left and came back a year later due to personal circumstances, and half the clinical staff had been turned over. 50% turnover in one year seems shocking, and these were solid clinicians. Unit now has low morale and leaders who try to do the best with what they've been given (which isn't much).

Advice to Management

Why do you say you care about retention then do nothing to keep people? Strong patient satisfaction scores are a direct result of how you treat your employees.

reviews filtered by

Due to poor management, the environment at DH was the most stressfull and unprofessional that I've ever experienced.

Former Employee - Purchasing (Clinical)
    Former Employee - Purchasing (Clinical)

I worked at Denver Health and Hospital Authority

Pros

Knowing that the fruits of one's labor is benefiting the patients and the community that DH serves.

Cons

Extremely poor management from mid to senior. Poor communication between management and the
    employees and as a result a lot of employee apathy exists due to the in-effectiveness of that management team. Management doesn't seem to value its employees.

I was managed through the use of head games, silent treatments and intimidation I don't feel that I was ever provided clear and consistant direction from management and was provided with little to no mentoring.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and treat them with respect as they are the true assests of the facility.

2. Nurses we are taken for granted!

Current Employee - RN-BSN
    Current Employee - RN-BSN

I have been working at Denver Health and Hospital Authority

Pros

Challenging, depressing, rewarding, exhausting, lack of support

Cons

Nursing staff are taken for granted, Little to no voice in important matters. Standardize uniforms for all staff. Health care coverage it takes forever to get an appointment. You have to higher cost to go out side of Denver Health to get in to see a Doctor in a timely manner.(point of service)

Advice to Management

Put in better break rooms with a place for quite time. Offer support after a patient dies. Possibly start a support for nurses.