Denver Health and Hospital Authority

www.denverhealth.org
  www.denverhealth.org
There are newer employer reviews for Denver Health and Hospital Authority

Good place to work if you are in the right department

Current Employee - Manager  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Denver Health and Hospital Authority full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people and great mission.

Cons

Bureaucratic at times, hard to make decisions

Good to be open to new ideas

47 Other Employee Reviews for Denver Health and Hospital Authority (View Most Recent)

Summary of Denver Health, and especially the IT department: A collection of incompetent employees and mismanagement.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Denver Health and Hospital Authority

Pros

The 401(a) and health insurance benefits are great and bascially costs employees very little out of pocket. The location of the workplace is also very convenient as it is minutes away from downtown and I-25.

Cons

Working with a collection of employees and managers that do not know what they are doing and how they are supposed to do things is one of the biggest issues in the IT department. There are a myriad of conflicts of interests in house which causes excessive work that can be otherwise be done without these forms of technology that Denver Health believes makes them one of the country's leaders in technology in the healthcare space. There is basically zero accountability from the employees and an exceptionally large collection of unintelligent employees in the IT department that just skate by and receive exceptional reviews and promotions based solely on tenure. Their philosophy is not to build the IT infrastructure to make it the best, it is to build it so that it is functional and thats it. There is an overdependence on a few employees that know what is going on and when these individuals take a day off projects and requests just stall. There have been countless times where on my day off my manager/supervisor kept blowing up my phone because there was an issue or request that he or the others on the team had no idea how to address.

My advice to management is that when the new CEO is appointed/hired that they should completely overhaul the senior menagement in the IT department, as there are way too many issues that need to be resolved in the judgement that these individuals make. Hopefully things will be fixed when this occurs to make the IT department reputible again. I would give it a zero rating but that option does not exist.

Place for Growth

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at Denver Health and Hospital Authority

Pros

Benefit package is awesome!
    We help the Denver community.
    Meet new people and make new relationships.
    Ability to learn and grow...opportunity to move up or into new fields.

Cons

Sick days are taken out of accumulated PTO.
    Some of the patients we serve treat you like you are there to SERVE them, not help them.

I say, good work. Ever since Patti Gabow got Denver Health out from under the city, we have seen postivive revenue WHILE serving indigent communities. We are now the only hospital in Denver that has stayed true to the original mission while others have moved out of the County originally served.

There are newer employer reviews for Denver Health and Hospital Authority

Worked for Denver Health and Hospital Authority? Contribute to the Community!