Denver Health and Hospital Authority

Denver Health

Current Employee - Paramedic in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Paramedic in Denver, CO

I have been working at Denver Health and Hospital Authority

Pros

Very busy systems. One of the busiest systems in the nation for paramedics which provides exceptional experience. Great support from command staff and peers are consistently good people for the most part.

Cons

Poor educational support with a very small tuition allowance.

As with most paramedic jobs the opportunity for professional/career advancement are few and far between. High degree of responsibility in urban EMS system but pay is poor when compared to other Fire-based agencies.

Advice to Management

Increase pay to a wage competitive with Fire-based EMS. Provide more opportunities for professional development. Provide more educational and tuition support.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Denver Health Call Center

Current Employee - Access Coordinator/Call Center Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Access Coordinator/Call Center Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Denver Health and Hospital Authority

Pros

All in all the only reason I am at DH is for a paycheck. The only good thing that I have to offer about DH is the location and the few personal connections I have had working there.

Cons

The most heartbreaking thing about DH is the fact that there are no appointments available. A patient had a heart attack and needs to be seen in Cardiology - I can offer him an appointment 75 days from now. This is his heart, not some hypochondriac. I feel less human every day I have to work there. My supervisors communicate very little to us and most of the time we feel like useless peons who get in the way of herding the patients through the system.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. I would also offer to focus on the major issues at hand regarding the processes of DH and stay away from the petty nit-picking that reduces the moral of the office environment monumentally.

Denver Health, the only thing standing in your way is Patti Gabow.

Current Employee - Physician in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Physician in Denver, CO

I have been working at Denver Health and Hospital Authority

Pros

Easy job, bar set very low. This is a city hospital, where not much is expected of employees except to tow the party line. If you keep your head down, and your opinions to yourself your "in like Flint". If you can live with inferior healthcare, not what you would have for your self or family (CEO does not get her care at her own hospital) then this is the place to be.

Cons

The administration micromanages everything. The CEO repeatedly lies. She is completely self serving, has a complete disregard for the truth.

Advice to Management

Time to leave! They only have experience at DH, and only see the world one way.