There are newer employer reviews for Denver Museum of Nature & Science

The treatment of the Food Service department was appalling compared to other departments.

Former Employee - Banquet Chef  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Banquet Chef in Denver, CO

I worked at Denver Museum of Nature & Science full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are working in a department other than food service, you get treated really well. You get access to the whole museum, IMAX, and planetarium whenever you want for you and your family/friends. As an employee of DMNS you also get access to the DAM, Aquarium, Botanical Gardens.
They always had staff parties, and employee involvement. The atmosphere was really great. Overall if I was not working for the food service department I would have loved it.

Cons

DMNS treated the food service employees like second rate employees. There was a clear bias and discrimination for food service employees. There was constant problems among higher management that were constantly handed down to the employees. Horrible communication and consideration. When I first started working there the food service department was treated very well. We were really treated fairly and like all the other employees, then the management became really dysfunctional and started taking it out on the employees. By the time I left 5 years later, it felt like a concentration camp. When I went to the HR department they were not supportive and non responsive. It felt like they were judgmental and discriminatory against the food service workers because most of us were immigrants or lower class. Which was very against DMNS principles, and why it was so hard to take that kind of mistreatment.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Denver Museum of Nature & Science (View Most Recent)

very rewarding

Current Employee - Mail Room Assistant  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Mail Room Assistant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Denver Museum of Nature & Science full-time for more than a year

Pros

you see all the collections

Cons

pay other than that not too much...

ok

DMNS

Former Employee - Membership Sales Coordinator  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Membership Sales Coordinator in Denver, CO

I worked at Denver Museum of Nature & Science

Pros

Fellow employees, supervisors, hours, respect given, communication between employees and supervisors, support from supervisors, the benefits if you were full time

Cons

I worked customer service which can always be stressful, but there was no negative experience with working for the actual museum

Management always backed up their employees and gave good feedback. They were always available. :)

There are newer employer reviews for Denver Museum of Nature & Science

Worked for Denver Museum of Nature & Science? Contribute to the Community!