Denver Public Schools
www.dpsk12.org Denver, CO 150 to 499 Employees

Diversity is just a catch phrase for the leadership team

Human Resources Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Denver Public Schools full-time for more than a year

ProsThey are trying to change

ConsThere is NO diversity when it comes to the leadership teams. For example, in HR 99% of all Manager level and above are white females...making hiring decisions on diversity. The need to walk the walk...its sad that they can't see that.

Unfortunately, this is leading to to droves of diverse workers to leave all of the time.

I also feel that when it comes to management, all they do is sit down with their teams and go over what they do wrong...no matter how much right they do.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at your leadership and ask why you are still having issues...

Special Education structural changes on an annual basis have resulted in job loss every year

Early Childhood Special Education (Current Employee)

I have been working at Denver Public Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The kids are great! I enjoyed the professionalism, intelligence and quick response of one of the four departments I worked with. That… Cons: My particular job gave me four different "masters", This year alone I received 3 different curricula to… Advice to Senior Management: Support your Special Education teachers by providing relevant training. Requiring teachers to sit through hours (96 this year)… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Turning public schools into charter

Teacher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Denver Public Schools full-time for less than a year

Pros: Comprehensive plan for education and professional development opps. Cons: Pushing out public schools in favor of charter Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Denver Public Schools.

Worked for Denver Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Denver Public Schools reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Denver Public Schools CEO Tom Boasberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Denver Public Schools employees.