Denver Public Schools
www.dpsk12.org Denver, CO 150 to 499 Employees

Ship of fools

Teacher (Special Education) (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

ProsDPS is a great place to get experience in settings that you won't see in other school districts. It is easy to find a job, especially if you are going through an alternative licensure program.

ConsToo many teachers are burned out and retired on the job years ago. Administration has no backbone, and allows behavior that I would have never imagined before working in the schools. Kids move between schools a lot. The Pro-Comp system is a joke, and is gamed just like anything else in education.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know the difference between right and wrong. Start expecting your teachers to act like professionals. You know what real academic progress looks like. Start expecting your students to grow into successful citizens.

Good Experience as Long Term Substitute Teacher

I have been working at Denver Public Schools

Pros: The school I worked in was high-performing, and the entire staff and administration provided support and encouragement in maintaining high standards… Cons: The amount of professional development provided was basically adequate, but left me wanting more guidance and support. Also, even though… Advice to Senior Management: The only feedback I can think of is that I wish the district could afford to hire more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Food sevice worker make and serve cafeteria food to students

Food Service Worker (Former Employee)

I worked at Denver Public Schools

Pros: Good hours, can work a second job if you have… Cons: Only a part time job, lots of cleaning and washing… Advice to Senior Management: Have a teacher stand outside the door as students enter lunch… More
There are newer reviews on Denver Public Schools.

Worked for Denver Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Denver Public Schools reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Denver Public Schools CEO Tom Boasberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Denver Public Schools employees.