There are newer employer reviews for Department of Health UK

Great perks, not the most productive organisation though

Former Contractor - Executive Assistant in London, England (UK)
Former Contractor - Executive Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Department of Health UK as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

A genuine feeling of contributing towards something important.
30 days annual leave
Flexible working

Cons

Office politics.
Constant "restructures" take place and the same people get hired to do the same job but with a different name.

Advice to Management

Entire organisations are abolished and recreated under different names. Very frustrating to watch it happening around you and obviously emotionally difficult to deal with the constant worry that you will lose your job.

reviews filtered by
  1. good

Current Employee - Stores Manager At Health of Department in Mandsaur (India)
    Current Employee - Stores Manager At Health of Department in Mandsaur (India)

I have been working at Department of Health UK full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

to help others with the oath

Cons

i dont know.....about it

Advice to Management

Do work as much as faster...and do it honestly

2. I was assigned as Secretary I at Health Infrastructure Service, a great learning experience

I worked at Department of Health UK

Pros

Working with team of architects and engineers responsible in construction and rennovation of all government hospitals nationwide was a wide range of exposure in terms of different situations, coordination, interaction and scope of work.

Cons

I was disappointed with some employees who were absent more days from work than they were present on paydays just to get their bi-monthly salaries.... And when I ask the top executive in our office how come that was, he said it was a system he can't correct on his level.

Advice to Management

That government offices should be run in much professional manner it may not disappoint a fresh graduate like me so idealistic enough to start right and well... I left immediately because I fear getting part of the system I find so corrupt on simple honest day's pay.

There are newer employer reviews for Department of Health UK