There are newer employer reviews for Depomed

If you don't care for politics, then don't work for this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Depomed

Pros

-people at the bench level are pleasant to work with.
-people at the lower level are technical and knowledgable

Cons

-collusion between people in upper management designed to undermine others efforts;

-lack of accountability, responsibility by upper management "Lead by Consensus" philosophy;

-decision making is done by consensus. If you disagree with the consensus (2-3 people in upper management) you are labeled a "problem";

-management approach is to take the shortest, highest risk route rather than the "right" approach. Often make decisions predicated on time lines rather than "correct/industry standard"" or "ethical" approach;

--promotions through Nepotism

Advice to Management

Foster a culture of diversity in opinion & experience rather than going with the corporate "Bobble Heads"

reviews filtered by
  1. Bright future ahead for Depomed

I have been working at Depomed full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I reviewed some of the posts on this site and I realized that they are dated and companies change over time. I can tell you that Depomed is a company of change. People who excel at the company are people who embrace and accept change, finding it invigorating and inspiring. I believe we have a team of leaders who a paving the way for a successful future at Depomed, Inc. It’s thrilling to be part of this growing family culture. Where the President knows everyone’s name! Take a minute and consider joining us on this journey.

Cons

For some people change is difficult, at Depomed, we work with everyone to help them embrace change and provide the necessary tools for success.

Advice to Management

Keep brining in the business!!! Stay focused on growing the company. Please maintain the culture as we continue to grow.

2. Mature Culture

I have been working at Depomed

Pros

Great smart people to work with. Most employees have a lost of work experience in the field

Cons

Could have better defined processes

Advice to Management

Work on defining processes. Need a SOP book for all activities and tasks

There are newer employer reviews for Depomed