Descartes Systems

Dissapointment and buffled how bad Senior Managment can be

Sof (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Descartes Systems

ProsThe vacation package is 20 days after 4 years of employment, which is something unheard of. 7 sick days, 1 personal day, 7 holidays - extremly good. The company also have a great health insurance and 50% matching 401k. You might be able to work from home, at least some of the time, but that depends on your direct manager work philosophy.

ConsExtremely low pay compare with the same position in the industry - somewhere in the lowest 5% of the normal curve. No respect for employees, no raises. They had the performance review last year, and salary review this year - long process, starting in mid-October. When there was finally a time for senior managment to actually come up with the numbers (middle of January) they not only ignored the schedule, they acted like there was not salary review and haven't even mentioned the issues in CEO webcast three month later.
The morale is extremly low since all the employees I know feel extremly disrespected. Six best developers already left, and the most of the rest is looking for a new job. Productivity is very poor, since there is no motivator - no raises, and a big demotivator - being treated like s..t by the senior managment.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys up there need to quit. There is total disconnect with you and the employess. If you want developers to work on McDonald salaries, open offices in China.

Tumultuous place to be on the Sales and Marketing side of the house

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Descartes Systems

Pros: It's a job, which is good in this time of slow economic growth. There is a good bit of autonomy (which is also a… Cons: The company had 5+ Sales and Marketing complete re-orgs since 2000 from what I understood via very reliable sources. For proof of this, I… Advice to Senior Management: See above. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Skip this place unless you are desperate for a job.

Staff (Too Small to Say Exactly) (Former Employee)
Marietta, GA

I worked at Descartes Systems

Pros: You get a pay check. Free coffee If you are lucky, it will be a… Cons: Company policy is at least 4 years between pay increases of near nothing. Some managers will treat you with respect others… Advice to Senior Management: At least try to show some appreciation for the people making the company run. AND actually know… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Descartes Systems.

Worked for Descartes Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Descartes Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Descartes Systems CEO Art Mesher. All reviews posted anonymously by Descartes Systems employees.