Desert Schools FCU

Vice President

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Vice President in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Desert Schools FCU full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Positive work environment, practices values, dynamic project work

Cons

I do not have any cons to share

Encourage employee work/life balance more

34 Other Employee Reviews for Desert Schools FCU (View Most Recent)

Strange mix - good job, great coworkers, fabulous members, but management can be difficult

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Desert Schools FCU

Pros

Lots of advancement and training available for branch employees. If you want to stay in retail banking, this organization provides lots of support and advancement.

Cons

If you want out of front-line banking, there are not many opportunities to move into back office roles. Or, once in a back office role, little training or development available for you.

Better communication with employees. Quarterly meetings with all staff isn't efficient. Using video instead of talking to us? That's cowardly.

Constant battle with newer technology

Current Employee - Information Technology  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Desert Schools FCU

Pros

The pay is ok but on the low side for technology. Flexible hours working around projects or task and personal life. So many nice folks to work with.

Cons

Several years back they stopped being a credit union and became more like a bank. The atmosphere is competing with other national big banks out there. You never hear them compare us to other credit unions in the state. Well except for Navy Federal credit union and USAA are now here in AZ and on the managements radar.
    Over half the technology used is over a decade old. People refuse to change to newer technologies, the famous line is "we have always done it this way" which seems to be the motto. Several years ago the core banking system was changed but then modified to act like the system they replaced. Updates to the new system now takes weeks to implement because of how heavily the modifications were made.
    Senior management is large and has been there for a long time. No one moves up without someone retiring or dieing.

Start up those computer training classes again. Not some power point or DSVU multiple answer junk. Real live person who knows how to use a computer and start teaching the staff how to use a computer. Computer experience is NOT a requirement for our new hires but it sure would make a HUGE difference if it was.

There are newer employer reviews for Desert Schools FCU

Worked for Desert Schools FCU? Contribute to the Community!