Desert Valley hospital

Great place to work

Former Employee - Assistant in Victorville, CA
Former Employee - Assistant in Victorville, CA

I worked at Desert Valley hospital

Pros

Desert Valley Hospital is a great place to work. I worked there as part of my community service for school, and loved it. I even considered going back once my hours were completed to continue work.
Great environment, nice people, free lunch at the hospital cafeteria, and very flexible schedules.

Cons

One of the only downsides I experienced in my position was that I had to operate the food cart, pushing it throughout the different levels of the hospital and deliver food and drinks to the doctors and patients. There is a certain order to go through each section and certain times to be through each one, which can be heard because sometimes people can make very complicated orders or be real indecisive and make you off schedule.
A lot of the patients can also be very rude which is of course frustrating.

Keep up what youre doing and try not to be so demanding of people. It is a great hospital and a very nice environment but sometimes things can get a little hectic and cause people to be not so caring as they should be in a place like that.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Desert Valley hospital (View Most Recent)

desert valley review

I have been working at Desert Valley hospital

Pros

paid job. pharmacy, radiology dept, housekeeping are all very nice people.

Cons

If you are a new grad and cannot get a job anywhere else than you should get experience anywhere you can. However, you will be trained by new nurses with a year experience, charge nurses will be new as well, so good luck if you have any kind of serious issue when one of the few remaining experienced nurses are not working. Also health insurance, O.T. shifts, pay everything has been cut back or taken away. This is not due to economy its due to owner buying more and more hospitals. Health insurace was good before now you must use the owners facilities, no more choosing your own M.D.'s. Moral is low, complaints go unheard. The pay is low compared to a union hospital in the area where nurses are making 8-10 dollars more an hour than this facility, with an option of 3 different health ins. plans. Many of the professional experienced hard working nurses have left or are looking to leave due to money issues. Its very sad, the owner is aware but nothing has changed.

Listen to your staff. We are the front line taking care of patients representing the hospital. We should be well taken care of and supported.

review of deseert valley hospital

I have been working at Desert Valley hospital

Pros

Benefits, people, benefits, benefits, benefits.

Cons

We are the lowest paid nurses amongst the three local hospitals.

Reconize the good nurses.

There are newer employer reviews for Desert Valley hospital