Destination Hotels

www.destinationhotels.com
  www.destinationhotels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Destination Hotels

Truly enjoy working for this organization

Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in Santa Fe, NM
Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Destination Hotels full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Destination Hotels and Resorts is an amazing organization to work for. I value their ability to allow for creativity and entrepreneurial thinking. They are constantly looking for ways to foster growth and improve.

Cons

While no organization is completely perfect, I truthfully cannot think of any cons to share. I suppose we wish there were more DHR hotels in our portfolio!

We're blessed to have the ability to have contact with our senior management. It makes our organization different from others.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Destination Hotels (View Most Recent)

Off to a great start

Current Employee - DOSM in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - DOSM in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Destination Hotels full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've worked for a number of the big hotel chains including Starwood & Disney, and the past year with DH&R has been a breath of fresh air. While my previous roles have given me a wealth of knowledge and disciplines, I now have the opportunity to try new initiatives and tactics that I know can produce great results, but without the constraints that other companies place on individuals. We also place emphasis on hiring not only talented candidates, but those that can build off of great teams and networking. The corporate team at DH&R is filled with talented folks that truly care about their employees and are always available to assist with any needs. Our diverse independent portfolio also allows individuals to advance in various career paths and take on skills that can apply to any hotel chains if you so chose to leave at a later date.

Cons

If you're looking a company that allows networking with thousands of peers that you're also competing for the same jobs, then this company is not for you.

Smooth hiring process

I have been working at Destination Hotels full-time

Pros

I am a recent addition to the DH&R team and can honestly say that this company holds up very well in comparison to some of the other hospitality companies in my past experience. The initial hiring process was thorough and organized. The support and training received from the team, helped me to establish my direction quickly.

Cons

If there is one area I would like to see improvement, it would be in the technology field. There are no formal training guides for many of the computer systems used by the company - which leaves me asking questions from the experts instead of finding the answers myself - which I would prefer.

There are newer employer reviews for Destination Hotels