There are newer employer reviews for Destination Maternity

A great creative experience.

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Franklin, TN
Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Destination Maternity

Pros

Flexibility, learning experience, contacts, and independence

Cons

Salary, office space, pay and

Better training

reviews filtered by

A real waste of great talent!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Destination Maternity

Pros

I am a student so the flexible schedule works well for me. I have met some great people, customers and coworkers alike.

Cons

-The technology is horrible. So horrible that it in fact inhibits productivity and at times, sales.
    -Upper management roles are filled by complete imbeciles who have us lower levels do all of there work for them.
    -Upper management and in store management is know for hiring friends, creating a very unprofessional a biased relationship.
    -Have told employees on more than one occasion to keep their opinions to themselves- no room for creativity
    -Upper management does not follow policy, but expects sales staff to know and uphold such policies.
    -High work load days are days that the manager often leaves early, leaving the sales staff and lower management to complete the heavy work load.
    -Fear is built about speaking to upper management in order to build fear in sales staff surrounding the upper management
    -We are constantly speaking on numbers (Sales, average transaction, average units per sale, etc.) but no real sales coaching or training is ever provided.
    -High emphasis on making quota but very little reward is given if you make your goal and virtually no punishment if you don't make your sales goal. Even if you make your sales goal, it is asked why you didn't do better, while the other staff who hasn't made their goal is just told to try better next month.
    -Do I need to keep going?

You are sitting on a gold mine of opportunity with a lot of your current staff. Instead of looking outside the company to completely incompetent individuals, hire from within. And please take a look inside your stores. There are some really untalented people covering each others trails, leaving the talented people to pick up the slack.

2. Not worth sacrifice

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Destination Maternity

Pros

Beautiful clothes( but only for pregnant). Most employees are really polite and nice. Very famine job, nice area neat and clean, cute clothes. Customers are pregnant woman and they are usually very nice and excited and open for suggestions; nice clientele to deal with(usually).

Cons

You get really poor money and don't even count for the raise. Lots of bureaucracy at work. They really don't care for their employees that physically work at the store and are willing to switch them without thinking twice. They cut the stuff, cut the money and expected you to do twice as much as you were doing. They always came up with some worthless ideas which not only don't help but make your job harder and just put more work on you.

Appreciate your sales associates more! Specially those who are doing amazing job and are getting great quality. ..and not only with words.

There are newer employer reviews for Destination Maternity