Destination XL

www.destinationxl.com

Poor treatment of their employee's.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

The hours are the only positive aspect of the business. I do not have any other good things to say about this firm.

Cons

DXL does not compensate their employees well. The POS system is in extreme disarray, the technology should be one of the first items they should fix. Upper level management is clueless on the needs of their employees and consumers. The firm should also consider that they are not monopolizing the industry, consumers and competitors is what drives their business.It seems that consumers are being punished because they have a larger waist-line. LOWER YOUR PRICES!!!! ONE of the WORST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR.

Talk with their lower level employees to find out how they can improve their employee retention rate. The competition has extremely lower prices, this company is way to over-priced. The customer service module they are currently using needs to be revamped (very outdated). DXL treats every customer as if they are a thief as well as their employees.

Other reviews for Destination XL

The feeling of being isolated from all corporate people with your only connection is a DM that is a "bully".

Pros

The customers are great. They appreciate your guidance and assistance. Regulars would come to see me as I would always tell them I will not dress you up in items that I would not wear myself.

Cons

Low wages, 90% of the time working alone, not enough product to sell to customers, unfriendly supervisors that are insulting to associates.

Talk to and listen to the associates and management staff. The need to filter everything via the DM hinders clear and proper communication.

Great place to work

Pros

Commission sales, opportunities to advance, and getting to work with an awesome customer base.

Cons

Benefit cost, operating systems need to be updated.

Be sure to provide the tools for success to your people in the field. Update their systems, give them more hours for better floor coverage, and make more opportunities for training within the regions. Keep listening to us in the field and stay in touch with the client base and their needs.

There are newer employer reviews for Destination XL.

Worked for Destination XL? Contribute to the Community!