Destination XL

www.destinationxl.com

Hard but self fulfilling work with little appreciation

ProsThe pay is fair based on the area but I earn lower than other store managers in similar markets. This is based partly on cost of living but also the expected revenues for the location. It is a growing company with positive cash low so layoffs and bankruptcies are very unlikely. The company spends a lot of time and money training new store managers and assistant managers. It was very beneficial for me although 6 weeks is a long time. Although limited, due to the rapid expansion there are opportunities to advance your career. This will only be if you are a true TOP performer. This is a culture built by and for winners.

ConsThe benefit package is terrible. I pay nearly $800 a month just for major medical, dental, and vision for my wife, daughter, and I. Not only is the health coverage expensive, it offers VERY POOR coverage. It pays hardly anything for basic meds and my wife's pregnancy will nearly be entirely out of pocket in addition to the pre tax Obamian era robbery happening every other week from my paycheck. There is little outward appreciation. I run a top performing store and get a plackard and that's it. Now there is a company wide payroll scale back so floor coverage is decreasing with my peoples pay checks and MY hours are increasing. It is a necessary evil.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember we are not the only option. Our guests CAN shop elsewhere and when we have single or double coverage in a large DXL the guest is not getting served properly. We have to find ways to better balance costs savings with guest experience. Take care of your people. People like me are the reason Mr. Reeves, Mr. Levin, and the other senior management can provide brand new Subaru legacys to every regional sales manager this year with two week long all expense paid trips to Florida and Boston within the first. 3 months of fiscal 2014. Remember this when you cut my teams hours and they have a more difficult time paying their bills while you still drive a very nice BMW 7 series.if you are truly seeking the BEST talent, like you claim, be prepared to pay for it and then be there to support them with adequate compensation, quality health insurance, and hope. That's all.

Assistant Manager Houston TX

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Destination XL

Pros: There is nothing good about working here Cons: Worst job ever the DM is unprofessional he has his favorite they tell you that you will work 40 hours and you only get 35… Advice to Senior Management: Hire sales associates to sale and Manager to manage and… More

Nice people but dysfunctional organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Canton, MA

I worked at Destination XL full-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice office environment and many good people. Pay scale is fair and benefits are decent, though healthcare is pricey (as many now… Cons: The company strategy is not well thought out or properly… Advice to Senior Management: Better cross-functional cooperation. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Destination XL.

Worked for Destination XL? Contribute to the Community!