Destination XL

www.destinationxl.com
  www.destinationxl.com
There are newer employer reviews for Destination XL

This company is a sinking ship!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Natick, MA
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Natick, MA

I worked at Destination XL full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are no Pro's to working for this company!

Cons

Upper management is in disarray. They focus on unimportant things while leaving the imprtant matters like actually selling and driving business to the wayside.

Change your focus, show loyalty to your employees, listen to what they have to say. Go back to caring about the "99%", not just the "1%", which is what you are trying to do now. Work on being profitable through driving business, so you won't be compelled to come up with excuses for firing long term employees.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Destination XL (View Most Recent)

Poor treatment of their employee's.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Destination XL full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The hours are the only positive aspect of the business. I do not have any other good things to say about this firm.

Cons

DXL does not compensate their employees well. The POS system is in extreme disarray, the technology should be one of the first items they should fix. Upper level management is clueless on the needs of their employees and consumers. The firm should also consider that they are not monopolizing the industry, consumers and competitors is what drives their business.It seems that consumers are being punished because they have a larger waist-line. LOWER YOUR PRICES!!!! ONE of the WORST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR.

Talk with their lower level employees to find out how they can improve their employee retention rate. The competition has extremely lower prices, this company is way to over-priced. The customer service module they are currently using needs to be revamped (very outdated). DXL treats every customer as if they are a thief as well as their employees.

The feeling of being isolated from all corporate people with your only connection is a DM that is a "bully".

I worked at Destination XL

Pros

The customers are great. They appreciate your guidance and assistance. Regulars would come to see me as I would always tell them I will not dress you up in items that I would not wear myself.

Cons

Low wages, 90% of the time working alone, not enough product to sell to customers, unfriendly supervisors that are insulting to associates.

Talk to and listen to the associates and management staff. The need to filter everything via the DM hinders clear and proper communication.

There are newer employer reviews for Destination XL