There are newer employer reviews for Detroit Business Consulting

good opportunity!

Former Employee - Acct Representative  in  Troy, MI
Former Employee - Acct Representative in Troy, MI

I worked at Detroit Business Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

The management training program teaches a lot of leadership skills, and the people in the office are really nice and supportive. Really upbeat but professional work environment! I had a lot of fun working there

Cons

The transportation was too much for me personally since I had to drive an hour to work everyday and a lot of competition

Business cards would probably help more

45 Other Employee Reviews for Detroit Business Consulting (View Most Recent)

Really think about it.

Current Employee - Account Representative  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at Detroit Business Consulting

Pros

Young crowd, lots of laughs when you actually get to work with someone. Lots of praise for a job well done.

Cons

-Door to door sales.
    -Customers are mean and think you are scamming them. Customers will look Direct Energy (What you're "selling") up online right in front of you and yell at you because of bad reviews.
    -You spend a lot of money out of pocket with only hope of claiming it in taxes.
    -High fives in the morning gets a little bit old, considering it's the only fun you have all day until you go into the field alone.
    -VERY repetitive.
    -HIGH TURNOVER
    -When you go in for an interview you see about 5-6 others waiting to be interviewed as well. It makes you think about how good the job really is.

Management is good. They are relatively upfront about what you're getting into. It's just hard to grasp until you're out in the field.

Great People, Great Company

Current Employee - Account Representative  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at Detroit Business Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the atmosphere at DBC. Everyone’s so supportive and caring, and it feels like a big family here. There are plenty of opportunities for personal growth as well as professional growth. It may be hard work for some people, but I love it because I see it as a learning and personal growth opportunity. You get to follow your passion and choose which campaign to work on. The best part is you’ll also get to become friends with your leaders and co-workers. It’s always the people that makes a place special.

Cons

Sales can be intimidating and it’s definitely not for everybody, especially those who are looking for steady income in the beginning. It takes self-motivation, persistence, work ethics, and a long-term vision to succeed in this field.

Keep up the good work and hire the right people!

There are newer employer reviews for Detroit Business Consulting

Worked for Detroit Business Consulting? Contribute to the Community!