There are newer employer reviews for Detroit Business Consulting

good opportunity!

Former Employee - Acct Representative in Troy, MI
Former Employee - Acct Representative in Troy, MI

I worked at Detroit Business Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The management training program teaches a lot of leadership skills, and the people in the office are really nice and supportive. Really upbeat but professional work environment! I had a lot of fun working there

Cons

The transportation was too much for me personally since I had to drive an hour to work everyday and a lot of competition

Advice to Management

Business cards would probably help more

reviews filtered by

Really think about it.

I have been working at Detroit Business Consulting

Pros

Young crowd, lots of laughs when you actually get to work with someone. Lots of praise for a job well done.

Cons

-Door to door sales.
    -Customers are mean and think you are scamming them. Customers will look Direct Energy (What you're "selling") up online right in front of you and yell at you because of bad reviews.
    -You spend a lot of money out of pocket with only hope of claiming it in taxes.
    -High fives in the morning gets a little bit old, considering it's the only fun you have all day until you go into the field alone.
    -VERY repetitive.
    -HIGH TURNOVER
    -When you go in for an interview you see about 5-6 others waiting to be interviewed as well. It makes you think about how good the job really is.

Advice to Management

Management is good. They are relatively upfront about what you're getting into. It's just hard to grasp until you're out in the field.

2. Super Fun! You have to have energy to work with these guys but I love it!

Current Employee - Account Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at Detroit Business Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Things I like -

I've traveled to Miami, Chicago, New York City, and a lot of other places for conferences and networking.

The owner is a huge sports guy, so he's always doing sales competitions for tickets to the Red Wings games, Lions games and concerts.

And they do an office night every week. It's just a cool atmosphere - you can't be boring and work here.

Cons

It took me a bit to get use to the atmosphere - they are high energy and I wasn't use to that. I worked in retail before this so I had to get use to talking with business owners, not just joe shmoe at the mall. Definitely had to be more professional too.

Advice to Management

Have you ever thought about having a casual Friday? Suits are good but I know a lot of companies have causal Fridays too.

There are newer employer reviews for Detroit Business Consulting