There are newer employer reviews for Detroit Medical Center

Professional and friendly

Former Employee - Staff in Detroit, MI
Former Employee - Staff in Detroit, MI

I worked at Detroit Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very professional and friendly, family oriented, easy parking near the entrance, secured by DMC Police security 24hrs. around the clock. Main entrance oors never locked. Flex hours available.

Cons

doors to ER/Urgent care not secured and family members when excited can rush in easily, push, shove and hurt the nursing personnel

33 Other Employee Reviews for Detroit Medical Center (View Most Recent)

The people there are great. The Management is horrible.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Detroit Medical Center

Pros

The people and diversity is amazing. You meet people there from all over the world and get to work on cutting edge discovers and state of the art procedures.

Cons

Management is horrible. One of my coworkers was moved to a desk job and 2 of my coworkers were fired. I am now the only person that is left that actually works. Everyone else in my group is a supervisor. I now have 4 bosses and still can not get any of them to actually make a decision.

10 OK managers is not the same as one great manager. Get rid of the middle managers.

good job good pay poor management

Current Employee - Not Tellin You in Commerce Township, MI
    Current Employee - Not Tellin You in Commerce Township, MI

I have been working at Detroit Medical Center

Pros

the healthcare benefits are top notch, it covers a family for just a very small amount a month, in this economy you cant beat it, the cto is awesome, you start out at 7 per pay period hours that goes into a bank for your personal use, great!

Cons

it seems that if you have a problem with a co worker you really have no where to go, you can report it to your supervisor and nothing ever gets done, then you go to hr and nothing happens again and before you know it the horrible person who has been harrassing you knows that they can get away with anything, it gives them power, they can make you miserable evey day and there isnt any recourse, people are afriad to tell now, no sense in telling, nothing will happen

make people accountable for their actions, no excuses, the workplace should be a safe place to go, not a place that stresses you out just walking in for the day, you should not have to look over your shoulder wondering if you are being watched by someone who just wants to get their co workers in trouble to make themselves feel better, and since these individuals have so much time on their hands maybe they should be held responsible for the job they arent doing

There are newer employer reviews for Detroit Medical Center