Detroit Medical Center
www.dmc.org Detroit, MI 5000+ Employees

Its not what you know, but WHO you know

Detroit, MI

ProsDiverse work environment, the opportunity to interact with different types of people. Hospital security is the best at what they do, they encourage a safe work environment.

ConsEmployee engagement is awful, employees are not recognized for their hard work unless they are a part of " the in crowd", or the friends and family program. Too much nepotism, and it causes a very unfair working environment. Management is selected by if they are liked or not by the upper management. HR is biased as well. Everchanging without consistency. Overall just not a place to work if you are used to being in a hardworking fair environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should be provided with CEUs (continuing educational units) throughout their journey as management. Just because you hold the title does not mean you are the best at what you do, Practice compassion and humility, which will help when engaging with employees, and improve employee morale.

My experience in the last 8 years, at the DMC has been educational, compassionate, and friendly.

Patient Access Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Detroit Medical Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The management team at the DMC, was informative, accurate, and… Cons: Employees that were not team players, misinformed, lazy, non compliant,… Advice to Senior Management: Be proud of your staff, investigate any complaint, make sure your employee was informed… More

I started as a volunteer and worked my way up to coordinator.

Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Detroit Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are many doors that can be opened at the DMC if you have the right individuals behind you to encourage and elevate your career.… Cons: Restructuring of departments happened a lot. I never seen where the results accomplishment what they were designed… Advice to Senior Management: If you have a concrete plan implement it in writing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Detroit Medical Center.

Worked for Detroit Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Detroit Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Detroit Medical Center CEO Joe Mullany. All reviews posted anonymously by Detroit Medical Center employees.