There are newer employer reviews for Detroit Medical Center

Its not what you know, but WHO you know

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Detroit Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse work environment, the opportunity to interact with different types of people. Hospital security is the best at what they do, they encourage a safe work environment.

Cons

Employee engagement is awful, employees are not recognized for their hard work unless they are a part of " the in crowd", or the friends and family program. Too much nepotism, and it causes a very unfair working environment. Management is selected by if they are liked or not by the upper management. HR is biased as well. Everchanging without consistency. Overall just not a place to work if you are used to being in a hardworking fair environment.

Advice to Management

Managers should be provided with CEUs (continuing educational units) throughout their journey as management. Just because you hold the title does not mean you are the best at what you do, Practice compassion and humility, which will help when engaging with employees, and improve employee morale.

reviews filtered by

My experience in the last 8 years, at the DMC has been educational, compassionate, and friendly.

Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Detroit Medical Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The management team at the DMC, was informative, accurate, and persistant.

Cons

Employees that were not team players, misinformed, lazy, non compliant, and shows no compassion to the sick, elderly, or grieving visitors.

Advice to Management

Be proud of your staff, investigate any complaint, make sure your employee was informed of the situation at hand, to assure an honest miscommunication that can be rectified.

I started as a volunteer and worked my way up to coordinator.

Former Employee - Coordinator in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Detroit, MI

I worked at Detroit Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are many doors that can be opened at the DMC if you have the right individuals behind you to encourage and elevate your career. The exposure is wonderful. The reason I went to DMC was to help my daughter with her education of being a pathologist, my plan was to keep a foot in the door for her to eventually get in to. I learned a lot.

Cons

Restructuring of departments happened a lot. I never seen where the results accomplishment what they were designed to do. Employees get anxious when they are turned topsy- turvy with no real goal or benchmarks set.

Advice to Management

If you have a concrete plan implement it in writing from start to finish.

There are newer employer reviews for Detroit Medical Center