Deutsche Bank

www.deutsche-bank.de
  www.deutsche-bank.de
There are newer employer reviews for Deutsche Bank

Horrible morale-never know if you still had a job from day to day

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Deutsche Bank as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Very environmentally conscious (i.e. all recyled napkins, plates, etc. in the cafeteria.)

Cons

I was working on a project with a colleague; The next day I couldn't reach him, then found out he had been laid off. This happened frequently, in all levels of the organization. Instead of hiring a replacement, they would just divvy up the person's work to whoever was left. It was very "ech man for himself"; No one wanted to help anyone else out. There was enormous pressure to get everything done. Analysts usualy work weekends at any investment bank, but even admins would take expense reports home, without charging for O/T. I was promised a pay increase, but when I asked about it, every 6 mos I was given another excuse for why it couldn't happen at that time.

There would not be so much turnover if all employees were treated with respect.

1302 Other Employee Reviews for Deutsche Bank (View Most Recent)

Creates second class employees through outsourcing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Reasonable salary/benefits and work/life balance. Gives lip service to fostering a diverse work culture. Reasonably smart employees overall.

Cons

Took advantage of market conditions and outsourced a group of long-term research employees that they needed but not longer respected to a firm with no experience in the business line, thereby creating a second-class set of de facto DB employees (as employees remained in their same desks/offices, performing the same jobs, but no longer eligible for the same benefits). Anyone who didn't accept the offer from the third rate outsourcing firm was denied severance and terminated. Outsourcing firm has no idea how to run the business line -- completely dependent on the transferred employees to make the transaction work.

"Transferring" long-term employees to an outsourcing firm creates a set of employees who no longer care about the company or its future -- destroys good will.

Diverse, Slow to embrace change, Bureaucratic,

Former Employee - Vice President Group Audit in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President Group Audit in New York, NY

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very diverse workforce globally, technologically upto the mark, sound internal processes

Cons

Very bureaucratic, slow to change, still controlled by those who value networks more than performance - so merit may not always win.

Follow your own words - when you say ' Passion for Excellence' you must mean it. Merit alone must win a promotion or a pay raise, not networks and who you know.

There are newer employer reviews for Deutsche Bank