Deutsche Bank
3.4 of 5 1,037 reviews
www.db.com Frankfurt, Germany 5000+ Employees

4 years in Moscow IBIT office

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Moscow (Russia)

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFirst thing - Well established and managed software development process. At least any type of engineer should aware of business processes in production. DB leaves you a good opportunity to get to know all of this aspects.

A lot of things done by management to resolve the main problem - communication. You got own phone number, cell phone, web cam. You will participate in almost all meeting and discussion. You will be aware of plans and decision made within your team, area of responsibility etc.

Team of highly educated and experienced professionals.

ConsNew employees should be aware of department/technology interviewed for. There are several of them using previous age tech.

A quite big amount of layers of managers( responsibilities ) between you and actual delivery. But this could varies between team to team.

Salary amount revision happens once a year and not marker oriented. This problem caused a huge brain drain in 2012.

Almost impossible to get a title. Its easier to get one on interview process.
Here is my example:
- five completed production ready projects with direct business benefits.
- project management for last eight months
- SL3 24/7 for NY
Its all went on Associate title and in 2012 I was not ranked as AVP.

Advice to Senior Management-Shorten release cycles. Introduce some of the agile methodology.
-KPI revision should be done every three months.
-Salary should be at least average of the market.

A place to cultivate your passion to perform.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Deutsche Bank

Pros: Excellent products and knowledgeable people enable the bank to provide… Cons: Complicated internal structures with overlapping performance recognition system may create… Advice to Senior Management: While expense and bottom-line management is important, it is also necessary to note that staff morale is perhaps… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good coompany

Software Developer (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: work life balance and hard working employees Cons: less pay and less bonus Advice to Senior Management: very bad management No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Deutsche Bank.

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deutsche Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deutsche Bank CEO Jürgen Fitschen & Anshu Jain. All reviews posted anonymously by Deutsche Bank employees.