Deutsche Bank

www.db.com

Enlightening and frustrating

Assistant Vice President - Technology (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsThis organization is dedicated to leveraging superior technical talent to build next-generation applications for the bank. They are willing to take the time to make the right design decisions and take the longer view of building applications across silos to decrease long-term costs.

ConsNavigating the bureaucracy to get anything done, especially as it relates to even the simplest modifications to production systems is very painful. Organizational politics and power grabs are a bit ruthless for my taste.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch the empire builders and work at streamlining the production deployment process. There are a lot of great technologies being used, but not often a clear path as to how to use them in your environment. Wikis exist, but they are too spread out to be of much use. This needs to be integrated into the company's internal social networking tool.

DBAB - Branch Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of "free" lunches. The people are great. Cons: It's like groundhog day in that place. There's no potential for change. There's no concern for improvement or… Advice to Senior Management: Instill a culture of process improvement! You guys are in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Morale is low

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The people of DB are friendly and hard working Cons: The infrastructure of DB is very poor. The management has tried to reduce cost by offshoring the jobs or nearshoring the job to low… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Deutsche Bank.

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!