DB Achieve Internship

Former Employee - DB Achieve Intern  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - DB Achieve Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Deutsche Bank as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great, fun culture. Loved the people I worked with. Were very understanding that as a sophomore intern, you don't know too much, but were helpful in teaching me more about investment banking.

Cons

The hours are long, but everyone already knows that. NY office is located on Wall St, very far down Manhattan, which could be a negative for some.

None. Loved the people here!

Other Reviews for Deutsche Bank

I would have been better off on unemployment

Current Employee - PWM Lending  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - PWM Lending in New York, NY

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None, unless you thrive in a cut-throat environment or you want to sleep your way to the top

Cons

True expertise, knowledge, and business acumen are not appreciated in an environment where everyone is sleeping with each other to get ahead. If that's not a game you want to play, don't bother to apply!

Attend the same "diversity" workshops non-managers are required to attend, and recognize your behavior is inappropriate!

"Catch 22" meets "Upstairs, Downstairs"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President Applications Developer  in  Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President Applications Developer in Cary, NC

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly coworkers who care and put up with an awful lot while only occasionally exploding in frustration.

Cons

European management is hyper political and seemingly duplicitous.
    New York culture disregards proper software engineering.
    Lots of red tape.
    Difficult to navigate.
    Politics and turf wars.
    Tactical noise.
    All true design and authority is in NY and London, but they will try to hide this when you are first hired.
    (I've worked elsewhere and the politics and deceit at DB was the worst)

There comes a time where every manager must cut through the deep layers of ego protection they need to survive DB, and think about what role they play in the lives of other people. What kind of human being thrives at DB?

There are newer employer reviews for Deutsche Bank.

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!