Devcon International

www.devcon-security.com
  www.devcon-security.com
There are newer employer reviews for Devcon International

Promised the World, got lies and problems.

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Devcon International

Pros

Tablet, phone working with previous co-workers from brinks. Felt good and was good when we first started. now well read below....

Cons

O my where to start......I was a Brinks Rep for years and years. We got bought out by ADT then Devcon went nationwide and a good portion of old Brinks employees went to Devcon. oops first mistake, not that ADT was any better. I started when the first nationwide offices opened so around Feburary. We got a draw pay schedule and had a guranteed paycheck and gas allowance. They promised us leads within a few months, pay would not change and it would be brinks reborn. I was with all my old co-workers so I was excited. To make a long story short our pay is now a performance gurantee...so commission only. We can no longer give discounts to meet the current climate of alarm sales, and if we do CHARGEBACK. We dont get enough sales as it is to cut off only leverage in a selling situation. The promised advertising the first of 2012....doubt it. No one knows of our company but the higher ups seem to think we are so great were going to sell value. News flash were not Brinks or ADT. People will not buy because we tell them its great. (In alot of cases were more than all the other companies!!!) I mean what do you think the other alarm providers are saying., same thing we are?? Our paychecks are always and i do mean always wrong. I am guessing the next step will be merging with Pinnacle security so we can now offically get even worse. (Owned by the same investment group.) This is a really sad company to work for and they are on a downward spiral, most of the brinks reps I know around the country including myself plan to leave in the near future because of terrible upper management decisions. I strongly advise you to stay away, dont listen to the promises its BS. There is so much more but you get the point, ive worked for others in the past they get the check for worst.

You have to be joking, If i knew back in the first of the year what I know now I would have laughed and walked away. Awful calls on the reps pay, chargebacks, leads, adverstising and general attitude with your employees. I will tell people I know to stay away and this from a 10+ year brinks rep, its that bad. I feel we were tricked and you are treating us and customers like crap. You all had the perfect oppurtunity to take over the market for the most place and you blew it. I hope you fell good about it since devcon wont last long at this pace. Say bye bye to the old brinks reps and half or more of your sales.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Devcon International (View Most Recent)

Look elsewhere. No money here. Deplorable!

Current Employee - Area Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Area Sales Representative

I have been working at Devcon International

Pros

Phone, tablet and small gas allowance. The technicians I've seen or been around were very knowledgeable and professional.

Cons

Oh so many.
    1. Commission on paper looks good but in reality the sales are few.
    2. Poor company leads
    3. Phone tools to track your phone calls must make 50 or so a day. BLAH! You get into outside sales for the freedom. They use this tracking tool to just keep track of you. No way. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they tracked your cell phone or tablet by GPS.
    4. Self generated lead each week or no pay check at the end of the week. Commission only!!! That really sucks! No base salary means you get someone desperate for a job and they are definitely still looking fast for something else.
    5. The management staff is deplorable. A general manger can't override anything or even his boss. If a credit score came back as 599. A year up front no exceptions.
    6. Very stringent on credit checks. Must collect a year up front on anyone below 600 FICO score.
    7. All phone calls go through a call center and the reps try to sell it over the phone and you're left with what they can't get. Not much of a lead left at that point.
    8. Territory eats up your gas allowance. Our area is 120 miles in each direction. WAY TO BIG!
    9. I've spent as much as 8 hours in a day driving, to much windshield time. Can't sell driving your car, much less with gas as high as it is, FORGET IT!

Get your head out of the sand. Take care of your customers better than you are. It takes many years to build a great reputation and only once to ruin it. You are ruining that stellar reputation. I was a customer of this company before I worked for them. Canceling my service. Going online where I can get it monitored for a fraction of what they are currently charging me for monitoring.

They claim average sales rep makes 50K. No way!

Former Employee - Security Account Representative (SAR)
    Former Employee - Security Account Representative (SAR)

I worked at Devcon International

Pros

cell phone, ITablet, gas allowance

Cons

Company changed comp plan to straight commission. No longer a base salary. You work 40+ hours a week w/o a sale, you don't get paid.

You don't pay your sales reps, how do you expect to keep them.

There are newer employer reviews for Devcon International