Devon Energy

There are newer employer reviews for Devon Energy

Great place to work

Current Employee - Geoscience Technologist in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Geoscience Technologist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Devon Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

lots of opportunity for grow, tons of development and education classes

Cons

Lateral promotions, lots of room for growth and change but they reward people coming in the organization better than those within, meaning you can get promoted to a new position with a slight bump in pay while a person coming from outside with less experience will get a more competitive salary.

96 Other Employee Reviews for Devon Energy (View Most Recent)

Good Company

Former Employee - Records Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Records Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at Devon Energy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is good company to work for. I worked there five and a half years. Like the other oil and gas companies, they provide good benefits for their employees. In addition, you'll find good people there to work with and work for.

Cons

There is not much bad to say. It is a large corporation and as a large corporation, they may have to make business decisions that a given person may not like. For example, there are times in the oil business when you have to exit business in one part of the country and grow business in another part of the country. This always effects jobs, but the company trys to take care of the employees that can not relocate.

Thanks for hiring good people and remembering to take care of them as people. Thanks for five good years. I'd do it again if I could.

Great company and culture, great pay.

I worked at Devon Energy

Pros

Treats employees well, pay is great. Plenty of opportunities to learn and improve skills.

Cons

Don't have many programming opportunities. Interns do not get very impressive projects.

There are newer employer reviews for Devon Energy