Devon Energy

www.devonenergy.com
  www.devonenergy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Devon Energy

Salary vs hourly

Current Employee - Not In List As Usual Because I'm Hourly in Lloydminster, SK (Canada)

I have been working at Devon Energy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent Benefits and wage scale is alright.

Cons

Hourly employees treated as 2nd class person, I have 20 yrs with this company I get 5 weeks vacation. If you are on salary you get 3 weeks vacation + 12 flex days to start out plus you can purchase vacation days. For example hourly people working 5 days a week must use a vacation day if you, your spouse or child have a medical appointment in Ed monton (I'm in the field)Great company if you are on salary and are an engineer otherwise not so good.

Remove from Devon Values "Always do the right thing" this is untrue. You need more people to tell the truth not what your supervisor wants to hear. Go back and do cost justification on SAP, RLG, RFID Tagging and SCADA.

94 Other Employee Reviews for Devon Energy (View Most Recent)

Brown Nosing is the only Way to advance or get a bonus

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Devon Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent base salaries. Flex Days. Company Gym.

Cons

Nepotism. Leaders and middle management completely ignorant of the business, and only advanced through brown-nosing. The hours you spend at work are more important than the quality of the work you produce. Your work can be worthless, but as long as you put in 8 hours a day and volunteer every once in a while, you get ahead.

Great company to be a lazy bum in. Why spend millions brainwashing us telling us it is such a great place to work, when everyone knows its a lie.

complete learning experience with great maintenance foreman and superintendant

Current Employee - Mechanic/Maintenance in Fort Saint John, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Mechanic/Maintenance in Fort Saint John, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Devon Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

given lots of responsibility and always feel important, no one looks over my shoulder and im trusted to do what needs to be done. I get paid very well and the benefits a great! I get along with everyone extremely well....

Cons

not much for cons.... will be here for another 20 years at least! or till retirement!!!! maybe more gym equiptment or better gym equiptment at the komie and peggo camps,.... much needed...

have me in a higher position....

There are newer employer reviews for Devon Energy