Devon Energy

Good Company

Former Employee - Intern in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Intern in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Devon Energy

Pros

compensation, smaller company, 9/80 schedules

Cons

communication isn't the best between management and others

Make sure the right people are making the decisions for who gets hired or not.

95 Other Employee Reviews for Devon Energy (View Most Recent)

Devon, a fantastic place to work.

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Devon Energy

Pros

It still has a great small company feel to it even though it is a 30 billion dollar company. Management takes care of it's people like they were family. They still give out a Christmas bonus to every single employee in the company. We are all part of the family

Cons

Can't ever get more than 4 weeks of vacation if you come in from another company. No credit for past years of experience causes you to have to work 20 years with Devon to get 5 weeks. Sadly I'll be 72 when that happens.

Keep up the great work. Great work on keeping us all informed on whats going on and why.

The best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Senior Staff Reservoir Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Reservoir Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Devon Energy

Pros

It has the strengths of a major oil company in terms of a diversified portfolio, diverse job opportunities, the capital to tackle large-scale projects, and the discipline and foresight to be ahead of the industry curve in terms of new plays and trends and applying new technology to unlock them. On the other hand, Devon can move as quickly as independents much smaller in size and management will support new ideas without being locked in 'analysis-paralysis.' The people are first-class all the way -great to work with. Management is made up of people that are professional but also value the softer-side of HR/people skills.

Cons

With any company of this size, there is some bureaucracy, a few more meetings than necessary, but the overall job experience and work environment is worth it.

Keep doing what you're doing! Keep encouraging your employees to try new things and take some risks. That is why Devon continues to be at the fore-front of so many different plays and trends.

There are newer employer reviews for Devon Energy