There are newer employer reviews for Dew Software

Great Company and CEO

Former Employee - Security Architect in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Security Architect in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly CEO and flexible terms. Ready to help and does maximum to help out who depend on company. Specially when gets into problems with Consulate, stamping, H1 filing etc. Other companies either don;t have docs or scared to provide them but not Dew.

Cons

nothing that i can think of, minor things which are nothing compared to other companies

Oct 24, 2014President

Thanks for your comments.

reviews filtered by

If you are on a visa, you need to be a doormat!

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Starts off well, they have some good clients

Cons

This company is full of Cons, con artists to be precise. Especially the management.
    1) the management expects you to be a doormat because they are paying you salary. Very unfortunate, but that's how it is
    2) not at all organized. We are in the 21st century and in the silicon valley and the upper management uses excel sheets with wrong formulas to keep track of how much they paid you. Do bear in Mind that these calculations are one-sided. If you ask about them, the answer you will get is
    " you will not understand this". Then why send it in the first place
    3) management is very arrogant. If you go onsite at one of the clients where they have good connections, they will think that they can throw their weight around. Somebody said that they will say things like "I can replace you anytime". That is 1000% true.
    The company President always openly says that he has a $$ relation with managers, so he can throw oit people any time.
    4) no salary hike for 4 years
    5) no respect for your accomplishments

Respect people, don't be arrogant

Oct 24, 2014President

Please read the comments carefully. The person who wrote the comments said worked for more than 3 year but did not get salary hike for 4 years.

Let me know, what to use instead of excel. Google
    ... More

okay to start, but get out while you can

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

decent clientele; H1 success, decent reputation at client site

Cons

I worked here for 2+ years.while i did not experience any issues working at the client site through Dew Software, I had issues communicating with the management.
    I must say that the reason i am giving 1 star is because of the management The President of the company to be specific. he has the audacity to come to the client site and say "I can replace you when I want to. I have even deported people". All I did was ask him for a salary hike. Don't expect transparency when it comes to rates. The management will tell you that you can be on a 75-25 split. But soon you will realize that you are only in maybe in a 40-60 split.
    the company was making good profits because of my engagement, but he dared to say something like that. And I am not a fresher. I have over 15 years experience in the industry. The President always says things like, "You are in this job because of me". What he does not mention is that I am in that project because i cleared 5 rounds of interview.
    the moment you retaliate seeking justice, the management will start spreading false rumors about you that you are not a good resource and that you are a liability to the company.
    once you leave the company, the president will send you an email with an excel sheet, with manipulated numbers that will show that the company has overpaid you. Then to avoid the legalities, he will call you and ask you to return the money in cash.
    Somebody said that management expects a master-slave relationship. i would say that the management expects a master-'silenced slave' relationship.

Be thankful that employees go onsite to make your company famous. don't be arrogant.
    be transparent and honest to the employees, they will stay and also bring more business

Oct 24, 2014President

Come on, hoe 75-25 will become 60-40. All have studied math so no one can manipulate in math. These are false allegation. If there is any error, point it out. you can use calculator, now even ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Dew Software