There are newer employer reviews for Dewberry

Speak to get what you want

Current Employee - Project Manager
Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Dewberry

Pros

You can make your own career but you have to be extremely proactive Flexible policies for schedule and overtime (if you prove useful to the right team)

Cons

Information flow is extremely fragmented as the company is trying to figure out how to become a one company instead of a several small very specialized ones. The company is private and very avert to change

Advice to Management

The company is private and its underlying mission is to maximize profit of the owners. That is understood. However, senior management needs to be serious and confront the fact that they cannot grow with the current company structure. Realistically, unless the company dissolves all legal barriers between sibling companies and generate a single entity (culture), it won't be able to compete. It will eventually be consumed by larger ones.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Staff Engineer

Former Contractor - Staff Engineer in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Contractor - Staff Engineer in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Dewberry as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

This was a job out of school, I was previous unemployed for a few months after graduation. Worked on the build it back program and did some basic drafting for the structural department. Myself along with the other temps hired to work on the build it back program were paid $25/hour. Overtime was paid at a time and a half but there were only 2-3 weeks of this.

Cons

The work was absolutely boring, I could've trained a monkey to do it. They wanted us to finish 12 reports a day for the build it back program. Half of us working on the project averaged 30 reports a day while the other half use to stop at 12ish reports. I thought this was very unfair. The guy who use to work with me only worked 4 hours a day and no one from upper management realized this. It was like a free for all.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on new employees, reward the ones who actually put there heart and soul into working for you.

2. Satisfied Graduate Engineer

I have been working at Dewberry full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Regular feedback on performance and plenty of opportunities to grow through professional development.

Cons

The company could do better at maintaining a more consistent work/life balance. However, far from the worst in the category when compared to other firms competing within the same market.

Advice to Management

Some levels of management could improve on providing better feedback to employees on the health of the company and the long term goals of a particular department or client when applicable.