There are newer employer reviews for Dex One

Appreciate and Nurture the Experience and Talent!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Dex One full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are some great and talented people at Dex One. Nice office space and location.

Cons

Leadership, Directors, Managers and HR are not aware of what talents there employees have and cannot seem to place them in the appropriate job. I have seen many instances where most were unaware of exactly what individuals did for the company. There were too many extremely skilled individuals at the wrong task as well as wrong people in high level, crucial tasks.

I have seen new leadership come and go over the years and each time they try the same tactics. Tactics that didn't work the first two times.

Better understand the inner workings of the engine. Appreciate the talents you have and retain them for the good of Dex One. When there needs to be staff cuts, don't do it blindly looking only at the dollars, but do it carefully and with a good understanding of what gear you're planning on removing. It could severely damage the engines performance.

237 Other Employee Reviews for Dex One (View Most Recent)

ok

I worked at Dex One full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

great pay
    great trips
    world class training

Cons

no work/life balance
    too much non-sales activity

Worst company I ever worked for!

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Dex One full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good initial training. No way to put it in practice though

Cons

Managers with no morals, shark mentality and dishonest. They change the comission structure to fit their needs and have no regard for the employee. No support for the sales guys. really low morale company wide. This is a revolving door, and a dead business. After they changed the commission structure, the salaries became laughable. The company keeps trying to stay above water by firing people, constantly changing their structure and testing different approaches, but in my opinion, they are too late to the game. This is a sinking ship. Run as fast as you can.

I think it may be too late for Dex. You should really do some soul searching and think about how many lives you affected negatively by making small business commit to contracts that later killed them, by promising jobs that were never delivered. You make the lives of your employees pretty miserable. Take a good look at the overall morale. Simply read the reviews!

There are newer employer reviews for Dex One