DexCom
www.dexcom.com San Diego, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Decently bad work experience.

Technical Support (Former Employee)
Mira Mesa, CA

I worked at DexCom full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany makes a product, and only has 1 competitor. This means it's not going anywhere, anytime soon, i.e. stable job. Benefits are also good, pay was decent.

ConsSilo'd environment, very difficult to communicate with other departments, and very difficult to communicate up the ladder as well. Understaffed and overworked in some departments, leading to high burnout and turnover. Poor management. It would've been nice to at least get a cost of living raise in the 3 years that I was there. No room for upward movement.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood culture starts from the top down...if you want your employees to be happy, you need to make that part of the multitude of other priorities that you're responsible for. Yes it is an additional load to ask for, but much needed. It's probably too late though, since Dexcom has been public for several years now and is responsible to the board and shareholders.

Great market, decent device, poor management

I have been working at DexCom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very interesting technology. Can learn a lot with initiative. Reasonable life/work balance. Cons: If you are in the favored clique there is no accountability, you can fail miserably and never suffer… Advice to Senior Management: Too late for them to change. They are managing the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Training and "department" was similar to Catholic School 3rd grade

Advertising Sales Consultant? (Former Employee)
Aurora, CO

I worked at DexCom full-time for more than a year

Pros: Decent bennys...not much else. Made some good friends, despite the… Cons: OVERMANAGED by overpaid and unskilled "managers". Training was too long @ 6 weeks? and very militaristic, with an emphasis on favoritism toward females and nepotism.… Advice to Senior Management: Let's 86 half of you right now. I think the dept. I worked in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on DexCom.

Worked for DexCom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DexCom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DexCom CEO Terry Gregg. All reviews posted anonymously by DexCom employees.