There are newer employer reviews for DexCom

Decently bad work experience.

Former Employee - Technical Support in Mira Mesa, CA
Former Employee - Technical Support in Mira Mesa, CA

I worked at DexCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company makes a product, and only has 1 competitor. This means it's not going anywhere, anytime soon, i.e. stable job. Benefits are also good, pay was decent.

Cons

Silo'd environment, very difficult to communicate with other departments, and very difficult to communicate up the ladder as well. Understaffed and overworked in some departments, leading to high burnout and turnover. Poor management. It would've been nice to at least get a cost of living raise in the 3 years that I was there. No room for upward movement.

Advice to Management

Good culture starts from the top down...if you want your employees to be happy, you need to make that part of the multitude of other priorities that you're responsible for. Yes it is an additional load to ask for, but much needed. It's probably too late though, since Dexcom has been public for several years now and is responsible to the board and shareholders.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great market, decent device, poor management

I have been working at DexCom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very interesting technology.
    Can learn a lot with initiative.
    Reasonable life/work balance.

Cons

If you are in the favored clique there is no accountability, you can fail miserably and never suffer any consequences.
    If you are outside the favored clique, no matter how much you produce, you will never get promoted.

Advice to Management

Too late for them to change. They are managing the company to sell it. The hand writing is on the wall.

Training and "department" was similar to Catholic School 3rd grade

Former Employee - Advertising Sales Consultant? in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Advertising Sales Consultant? in Aurora, CO

I worked at DexCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent bennys...not much else. Made some good friends, despite the despotic management team...

Cons

OVERMANAGED by overpaid and unskilled "managers". Training was too long @ 6 weeks? and very militaristic, with an emphasis on favoritism toward females and nepotism. Horrid. OK pay for the work done, but low pay at the level at which I worked...Even top-performenrs (me) could gross even $50k at this department.

Advice to Management

Let's 86 half of you right now. I think the dept. I worked in is now in India. I was a print and internet advert sales rep- "cube rat".