Dexia
www.dexia.com Brussels, Belgium 150 to 499 Employees

Dexia Credit Local NY

Assistant Vice President - OPERATIONS (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Dexia

ProsTerrific benefits and a very strong work-life-balance ingrained in the culture. In very rare occasions are the weeks where most people work more than 40 hours. Additionally, the health insurance benefits are provided by the company. In the world of banking/finance, job security is something most people have in Dexia.

ConsThe compensation is well below the market. Additionally, having an expat Senior Management Team leads to complacency and lack of initiative among native staff. Unfortunately, most of the senior managers are in NY for a five-year assignment and back off to Europe after it's over. This really should change to build a more solid team in all of the branches.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow there to be some risk taking and actually promote Americans to the higher levels in the NY Branch.

Unprofessional, insular and rue

International PR Manager (Former Employee)
Paris (France)

I worked at Dexia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It was based in Paris, which is about he only… Cons: Unless you have a French diploma from a Grand Ecole -… Advice to Senior Management: Dare to hire competence and check that people doing international… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Dexia went bust after all

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Paris (France)

I worked at Dexia full-time for more than a year

Pros: Limited pressure as git it Cons: Went bust did it not Advice to Senior Management: Don't go bust please No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dexia.

Worked for Dexia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dexia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dexia CEO Pierre Mariani. All reviews posted anonymously by Dexia employees.