There are newer employer reviews for Dexter Axle

Good paying job.

Current Employee - Brake Builder in Albion, IN
Current Employee - Brake Builder in Albion, IN

I have been working at Dexter Axle

Pros

Competitive pay and working for incentive.

Cons

Hard work and the hours are irregular... lots of overtime in the spring and 3 to 4 day weeks October through December. Very hard at Christmas time.

Ask for operator input at problem solving.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Dexter Axle (View Most Recent)

If you are looking for a dead end job, this is it

Former Employee - Indirect in Albion, IN
    Former Employee - Indirect in Albion, IN

I worked at Dexter Axle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

decent pay, if you are selected to earn bonus. There is a good chance you won't be, and once you are selected not to receive it, you will never earn a cent of incentive ever.

Cons

Poor, biased supervision. A word of advice, if you are a college student, do not mention this to any supervisors.

Standing behind your employee would greatly improve employee morale.

Dexter Axle, El Reno, OK Division/ A Less than desirable employer

Current Employee - Laborer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Laborer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Dexter Axle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is decent but still average for the work, Benefits package is ok but the insurer used is sub-par.

Cons

Don't get sick working for this company, Even with a doctors note you get penalized with points and after 7 points you are fired. The amount of vacation time given even after being there for 6 years is very poor. There is no personal or sick time. Points are extremely easy to accumulate. The turnover is high for that very reason. The rules are absurdly strict and I am sure the uppermost management who wrote these rules could not live by them themselves. I drove 80 miles round trip to go to a doctor because I was sick and still got penalized at work and they refused to take my doctor note. It took me 3 days to recover. I will be looking for another job.

Have a bit of compassion for the employees, Don't treat them like dogs! Get into your companies and their branches and find out from them what the problems are and how things can be made better. Sometimes the people actually doing the work and not sitting behind a desk know more than you think they do.

There are newer employer reviews for Dexter Axle