Diageo
www.diageo.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Employee experience is very dependent upon line manager. Line managers vary greatly, but mentors are readily available.

Global Category Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Diageo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHigh company standards for marketing responsibly to consumers.
Work/life balance & scheduling flexibility. Great focus on getting your work done and not so much about when.
Truly global, opportunity to learn about other regions and meet those who have your role in those regions.

ConsThere is a strong people agenda, but it is not followed consistently by all line managers. HR is there to support the line manager & company, and the employee doesn't get support to make sure performance reviews, stakeholder feedback & stack-ranking processes are consistent.
Little input to annual performance goals; very top-down. Very performance driven culture (which can also be good)
If you hit your numbers, you get a good review, usually.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe annual employee survey doesn't ask all the right questions. If you're really interested in employee feedback, get it directly. Stop and talk to us during Happy Hours.

Great

Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Diageo

Pros: It was a family type atmosphere at work Cons: Upper Management is not compliant with company motto or goals Advice to Senior Management: Come inline with company policies Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work

Finance Manager (Current Employee)
Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Diageo

Pros: Interesting work, nice people to work with. Sometimes work/life balance is a challenge but overall nice place. The brands are fun and… Cons: Headquartered in Norwalk. If you are a young person, it is not ideal area to work/live at. If you are… Advice to Senior Management: Give more praise for good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Diageo.

Worked for Diageo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Diageo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Diageo CEO Paul S. Walsh. All reviews posted anonymously by Diageo employees.