There are newer employer reviews for Diageo

Great company to work for, very flexible

I have been working at Diageo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

flexible company to work for, great brands and people. excellent perks. great work/life balance promoted by company

Cons

poor pay by standard, and tend to spread pay increases for internal promotions over 18month periods. very hierarchical company.

Other Employee Reviews for Diageo

Overall the company is great, though it's undergoing a huge cultural change now

I have been working at Diageo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We got the balance right between being customer (externally) focused and having very high standards of treating our own employees. It's a very demanding environment but you absolutely have opportunities to grow professionally and career wise. Rather ambitious business, and is becoming more edgy which is just great.

Cons

Having worked in multinationals of various origins, I would say that Diageo is very "soft" and no wonder we've been struggling for years with speed of decision making, cut through and real focus. We tend to try and please everyone. Stakeholder management is the skill that would make you successful almost regardless of the "tangible" contribution. This is particularly true within support functions, though I observed it in customer facing, front line departments just as well. Thankfully there currently is a visible shift, and the company is making rather positive changes at the very top, which I hope are going to make a real difference on the culture.

Advice to Management

Just be bold in making decisions, and when there isn't enough data to take those decisions, simply call it and cause the right information to be gathered, and move on - don't sit on things simply because someone may not like it

2. Great place to work and grow career!

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at Diageo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great corporate value system and talent management

Cons

Global Management team not diverse enough

Advice to Management

Focus more growing more talent across the world into global management team