Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries

Office Manager

Former Employee - Office Manager  in  Reading, PA
Former Employee - Office Manager in Reading, PA

I worked at Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries

Pros

There's a lot to be said for working for a company, and doing a job, that truly changes people's lives. Diakon certainly has programs that serve all types of people.

Cons

Some of the middle management could use closer supervision, and change on this level could be seen as more important then they do currently.

Keep up the great work and feel satisfied in your life's missions. Don't forget the little guys, they're truly what hold up this great organization.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work.

Current Employee - Secretary
    Current Employee - Secretary

I have been working at Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries

Pros

The pay is excellent, staff gets along well and we feel that we are making a real difference. There is a great deal of advancement available. it is truly possible to walk in the door at the bottom level and work your way up to the top. They are a Christian company with ACTUAL Christian values, not just the label.

Cons

At times, employees with children are given much more leeway and understanding than those of us who did not choose to reproduce. It's a bit frustrating to have a project foisted upon you because "Little Joey" has soccer practice and that comes before your plans for the evening.

Keep on keepin on, just give everyone the same ability to use personal time.

Office needs to get on same page as agents.

I have been working at Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Enjoy working with customers and talking to customers enjoy helping customers and hearing about their lives and adventures. Enjoy helping them with their daily routines.

Cons

Need more info on customers before we go there and better communication from the supervisors. You require that we give you updates every two weeks but we also need to have those same update returned to us for our information. To many times we get to a cust and can't get in or the shift has been canceled and we are not made aware of how to get in or that our shift was canceled.

Better communication - don't forget to call us when a cust cancels a shift - don't forget to send us much needed info on our customers - be understanding when a sudden illness comes on - don't let us hanging in mid-air during a conversation-listen to us we are the ones dealing with cust on a one to one basis

There are newer employer reviews for Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries

Worked for Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries? Contribute to the Community!