Pretty good

I worked at DialAmerica

Pros

good money for part time, gave you options and were willing to help move your schedule around to accommodate your needs

Cons

strict script and dress code that didn't really make sense in the summer time, also mgmt could sometimes be abrasive

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Horrible, soul sucking experience

I worked at DialAmerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

air-conditioned, not hard work if you like bugging people and following a script then you would be right a home with Dial America. The people are OK and you get a weekly paycheck.

Cons

Oh my! Where to begin! This was by far the worse job I have ever had. I have a college degree and was offered 8 dollars to do this job. That's practically no money after taxes. The managers do not have a sense of decency. I called one customer and asked for her husband without knowing he passed three days prior. My manager told me to list it as "not home." Once I was told to do that I realized I couldn't stay at this job a moment longer. I was deemed "un-coach-able" because I deviated from the script by apologizing to the woman for her loss. The pay rate sucks and the hours suck. Job is only 8 dollars and hour plus there are no benefits. Save yourself from being abused by irate customers who have said no many times and skip this job. You'll thank me later.

Advice to Management

Hire people with a sense of decency and actual morals. This soul sucking job takes the life out of a person and offer more pay to the people who work there. 8 dollars and hour is nowhere near enough to deal with this position. Add some incentives for people to do better on this job. And actually hire people who have been to college.

boring

I worked at DialAmerica

Pros

the scheduling is very flexible

Cons

not a career just a job, poor pay, irritating work environment

Advice to Management

Treat the employees a little better , one person in particular, make sales worth more